aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

"Fraping" - I think the first time I was aware of it I actually found it mildly entertaining, which was probably due to the post being reasonably witty and related to something I had said. Now I hear the lads in the Hollister jogging bottoms laughing about how they "just fraped Alistair and it was such banter." Even women, the supposedly more mature gender, are going up to their pals computers and updating their status as "just gone for a shit." The victim then returns to their computer and they all laugh manically about it. Then Lizzie says "Tabitha, I cahn't believe you did that. What is Dom going to think?!?" (direct quote) Why are these supposedly intelligent people so fucking shit at life. I bet they would choose 2 Pints of Lager over Shooting Stars. Terrible cunts. Anyway... I digress.

Fraping isn't funny at all. Stop doing it and stop fucking speaking about it.

(for those of you that don't know it is the amalgamation of the words face (as in facebook) and rape => facebook raping => fraping. Basically you update someone's status with something hilarious when they go for a fag or a snickers or something.)

• Upvote 1

Whilst we're hating on terms, I hate the term "sweet hangs". Some shit pistol just posted on facebook "Just had sweet hangs with [name]". I think it means spending time with someone, but he N*Synced the fuck out of it. I bet he wears a baseball cap wonky, and has sex with boys.

that's a new low in human interaction. The bar was set pretty low with the shortening of 'banter' to 'bant' but that's incredible.

"Fraping" - I think the first time I was aware of it I actually found it mildly entertaining, which was probably due to the post being reasonably witty and related to something I had said. Now I hear the lads in the Hollister jogging bottoms laughing about how they "just fraped Alistair and it was such banter." Even women, the supposedly more mature gender, are going up to their pals computers and updating their status as "just gone for a shit." The victim then returns to their computer and they all laugh manically about it. Then Lizzie says "Tabitha, I cahn't believe you did that. What is Dom going to think?!?" (direct quote) Why are these supposedly intelligent people so fucking shit at life. I bet they would choose 2 Pints of Lager over Shooting Stars. Terrible cunts. Anyway... I digress.

This post is bang on. I'm glad there are less Yahs down here than in Aberdeen.

I think you meant to put this in the ace-ic thread.

I had "Wrong thread, yeah? Ace-ic, yeah? Yeah! No? Oh... alright..." typed out earlier, but I couldn't word my pet hate for the day that I was going to post after it the way I wanted to so abandoned the entire post completely... PARK LIFE!

Another pet hate that I know isn't original or revolutionary, but I can articulate is FUCKING FIRST BUS. No explanation needed.

Guest idol_wild

People who constantly lick their fingers when trawling through paper documents. That is utterly fucking horrible.

I don't want your disgusting fucking slavers all over my freshly printed staff directory, thanks very much. You fucking trollope.

When you pick up the phone, and the person phoning you is still in mid conversation with someone else. I just hate that. I feel like hanging up everytime. I probably should. I will.

I feel your pain, this happens to me on a daily basis at work. They usually start talking FAR too loudly into the phone as well once they've realised you've answered. Arseholes.

Also, those 'this is a recorded message, please do not hang up' calls that we seem to get at least 5 times a day. Fuck. OFF.

People who constantly lick their fingers when trawling through paper documents. That is utterly fucking horrible.

I don't want your disgusting fucking slavers all over my freshly printed staff directory, thanks very much. You fucking trollope.

Finger licking in the context of eating crisps, especially monster munch, is unforgiveable. You know people that literally lick there fingers between every claw full of corny crisps. Space raiders too. Disgusting. People eating noises in general really enfuriate me, especially since I quite the fags.

When I was working in IT support the guy who sat next to me suffered no fools. One time he had a guy on the phone who had some problem with his emails but he was crunching so loudly on something he couldn't make out a word he said. In the service ticket he just wrote 'User eating something too crunchy whilst on call, unable to provide assistance. Advised to call back when eating something softer. Suggested marshmallows or even nothing at all' Our boss gave him a talking to but had to laugh. Ahh office banter. So zany. Was quite funny though.

I feel your pain, this happens to me on a daily basis at work. They usually start talking FAR too loudly into the phone as well once they've realised you've answered. Arseholes.

Me too. It's horrid. I had one yesterday where I answered, and he told me to "just hang on a sec" and he continued his conversation with someone for about 30 seconds. Worry not though. I followed this up by being as unhelpful as possible. I had information I could have given him, but I chose not to.

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET!

Me too. It's horrid. I had one yesterday where I answered, and he told me to "just hang on a sec" and he continued his conversation with someone for about 30 seconds. Worry not though. I followed this up by being as unhelpful as possible. I had information I could have given him, but I chose not to.

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET!

Strangely enough this happens to me the other way round...

I go to speak to my manager who usually asked for me to see him when mid conversation, has the fucking nerve to answer a phone call.

I always walk away and make him tannoy me again..and again .... and again.

I've done this so many times now you'd think he'd get the hint.