aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

O hai, Mr and Mrs and other Mrs Starbucks worker. How about you stop enjoying random banter with each other, and perhaps take my order.

What's with Starbucks employees? At Costa if they don't hiss at my face and spaff into my soya then I consider it an improvement on their usual customer service. And yet I'd sooner have them than the cheerier-than-thou, faux-Gap advert, shiny happy Baristas that work in Starbucks. And stop fucken asking if you can get me some food. If I want some, I'll order it.

I wish that I didn't enjoy their coffee so much, because the Starbucks experience tilts me harder than even Triple Kirks in the 'self-awarded and entirely unjustified staff superiority complex and smugness' stakes.

TL; DR.

• Upvote 1

Getting labelled as a "Hippie" and "Easy going" by colleagues because I don't get angry at work. The people who I work with are always slamming the phone down and swearing at the top of their voice, where as I don't. Which makes me a diplomatic treehugger, or something. I just don't get irked by council tenants getting arsey over the phone and threatening to go to the papers or whatever. It's just nothing. If they are particularly difficult, I might mutter "well fuck off then" as I put the phone down, but I'm certainly not kicking over coat stands and office chairs, like some people.

I'm still easily enraged. They should come and watch me play Fifa.

Guest idol_wild
No, they shouldn't do that. Alot of them are about them.

At least you'd lose the terms "hippy" and "easy going". Sure, they'd perhaps call you a twatty-faced bum-fuck, but anything beats "hippy".

I dunno Joe, you always appear easy going to me. Then again, I've been called "surly and unapproachable" before and I don't see that at all, so what do I know!

My pet hate is The Singing Kettle, after being reminded about them in the famous people thread. I remember being very young, perhaps 6 or 7 and being taken to another school to see them perform. I distinctly remember not enjoying and finding adults behaving in such a manner unseemly.

Not being able to go into a coffeehouse and get a coffee. I mean just straight up coffee with a wee bitty of milk. I don't want a triple frappacappacino with a flake, I want a cup of hot, dark caffeinated liquid into which i can stir some milk. It pisses me off no end, but no one seems to see where I'm coming from. "Lattes are sooo good dude!" Fuck off with your faux Italian crap-o-rama.

Also, this - YouTube - Role Models Venti vs

And people/persons who stand in doorways when I need to walk through said doorway. Get tae, you have a whole corridor/room on either side to stand in and talk about how much of a deplorable human fucksack you are.

• Upvote 1

There's still regular coffee on the menu amidst all the foamy steamed milk coffees. At least they do in every coffee shop I know of. I tend not to go into them too much though, because they are usually populated by the types who wear scarves indoors, and sit on their Macs the whole time. I hate going outside.

Traffic updates on my car stereo that cut in on the music I am listening to. As close to road rage as I get. It could actually cause an accident I get so upset.

Probably worth asking - can I stop this from happening?

Try pushing and holding down the volume knob (if there is one). Should bring up a menu. Find a way to scroll through the options and I think it'll be something like TA - ON that you need to find. Find a way to turn that off. I think.

Try pushing and holding down the volume knob (if there is one). Should bring up a menu. Find a way to scroll through the options and I think it'll be something like TA - ON that you need to find. Find a way to turn that off. I think.

This old dog has a fucking cassette deck. It must have some sort of menu though, I'll have a look for TA.

Ta!

Ta-ta.

Not being able to go into a coffeehouse and get a coffee. I mean just straight up coffee with a wee bitty of milk. I don't want a triple frappacappacino with a flake, I want a cup of hot, dark caffeinated liquid into which i can stir some milk. It pisses me off no end, but no one seems to see where I'm coming from. "Lattes are sooo good dude!" Fuck off with your faux Italian crap-o-rama.

YouTube - Denis Leary - Coffee