aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

More relevant to mine - people who ALWAYS accept a cup of tea when someone's making a round, but never actually make a round themselves!

There used to be a website that could track the people in a coffee round and automatically email them when it was their turn to make one. Very useful for preventing this kind of behaviour, but I can't find it anymore.

This is like the old ladies version of people that sit in on rounds at the pub but then don't buy a round themselves. You woofter.

Unfortunately Bagface, I can't really go to the pub during working hours so tea is about the hardest drink I can get until 6pm. Then I drink straight whisky, right out of the bottle while shaving with a cut throat razor and dangling my nutsack into a lion's mouth.

speaking of beverage related pet hates. Fuckwits who put the sugar spoon straight into the sugar bowl after stirring a hot coffee so little brown specs resembling turds form in the sugar bowl. Should be punishable by hanging.

Refusal to wash dirty coffee/tea mugs has been a problem at every place I've worked at.

folk who refuse to get out of your way when you're carrying heavy bags, so you have to swerve to avoid them even though you feel as if your arms are going to fall off and it prolongs your journey by a few seconds...

On a positive note, some darling of a bloke pressed the button on the lights for me across the road when I had loads of bags of heavy food shopping. He wasn't even crossing the road, just walking past, so not all folk are cunts.

The Council. The lovely City Council.

Bombarding me with a double workload and the demands of two jobs as one of the clerical staff has retired, which I'm sure they shouldn't really be doing, but I'm a totally nice guy so I took that all on the chin. Then thanking me for my all my extra graft by proposing to axe my hourly rate.

Fuck that. What a shitpiece of an organisation. I hope the Marischal College building falls to the ground, after pumping pointless amounts of money into it.

Guest idol_wild
The Council. The lovely City Council.

Bombarding me with a double workload and the demands of two jobs as one of the clerical staff has retired, which I'm sure they shouldn't really be doing, but I'm a totally nice guy so I took that all on the chin. Then thanking me for my all my extra graft by proposing to axe my hourly rate.

Fuck that. What a shitpiece of an organisation. I hope the Marischal College building falls to the ground, after pumping pointless amounts of money into it.

Cunts.

I'm currently being frustrated by the Scottish Government. I hate bureaucracy with a passion. A job is available that both my division and I really want me to get, yet due to the Government's ways, it is impossible for me to even apply for the job, let alone be considered. My division's chief is a Senior Civil Servant, yet even he can't pull strings to make it happen. The HR bosses won't budge.

Instead, the division will be lumbered with some fucking moron from Peterhead fishery office who couldn't give two shakes of a haddock's fin about their job, but his line manager hates him so much due to his incompetence that he gives him a glowing reference to shift him out of his office via an unmerited promotion.

Fuck you, Civil Service.

those denim effect leggings alot of young ladys seem to be wearing

ok looks good on the girls who have the body/legs/bum that they look like actual skinny jeans,

but the other woman! if you going to wear them at least pull them up so they arent baggy at the crotch

gads min, just looks weird

end of the day still leggings ha!

People at work are just horrible, no matter where you work.

Someone brought in a box of Celebrations, because of a colleague in the office retiring. The guy I sit next to (the one I usually moan about for being an abhorrent, dispicable human being) grabbed the box, took them to his desk and fished out every single Malteaser and Galaxy Caramel and Truffle (i.e. the best ones) and put them in his drawer.

Just awful. He does it with Roses too. He takes every single Caramel Keg and Fudge. He thinks its justified because "they are the only ones I like, so I'll eat those, and everyone can have the rest that I don't like". Not a hint of guilt or irony about it. He actually think that what he does is fair because of that.

I'm going to bring in a box of Roses, extract the Caramel from every Caramel Keg, and fill them back up with my own piss. Dig in, fucko.

This man deserves a cruel and painful death. His actions represent a complete lack of human decency. I hate this person I've never met.

Cunts.

I'm currently being frustrated by the Scottish Government. I hate bureaucracy with a passion. A job is available that both my division and I really want me to get, yet due to the Government's ways, it is impossible for me to even apply for the job, let alone be considered. My division's chief is a Senior Civil Servant, yet even he can't pull strings to make it happen. The HR bosses won't budge.

Instead, the division will be lumbered with some fucking moron from Peterhead fishery office who couldn't give two shakes of a haddock's fin about their job, but his line manager hates him so much due to his incompetence that he gives him a glowing reference to shift him out of his office via an unmerited promotion.

Fuck you, Civil Service.

How can they stop you applying for the job? Doesn't sound totally legal from a HR point of view. May be worth following up on (unless you haven't done so already) to see what rights you have as an employee wanting to progress.

Have you tried typing an email in really big letters to make it sound like you're angry and mean business? It works here so give the fuckers a piece of your mind!

Guest idol_wild
How can they stop you applying for the job? Doesn't sound totally legal from a HR point of view. May be worth following up on (unless you haven't done so already) to see what rights you have as an employee wanting to progress.

Have you tried typing an email in really big letters to make it sound like you're angry and mean business? It works here so give the fuckers a piece of your mind!

Ah, I ought to have explained that I was recruited by my division via an employment agency.

But the Scottish Government advertise their vacancies internally to begin with. They have actively been trying to get rid of certain job positions across the organisation, and shuffle their staff around to make cuts. But it ends up with inept people being promoted into jobs they're not capable of or qualified for. That's how the Civil Service works. It's almost impossible to lose your job; you can only progress without meriting it. I have seen this happen first hand. Insane.

If I wrote a letter highlighting my issues with their recruiting process, it would be immediately shredded and HR would sever my contract. The way they recruit is not illegal. It's just absolutely insane. I got a new line manager this week who knows so little about what my division does, that I have to fucking train her, yet I have only worked here since March and I received absolutely no training whatsoever (I just actively learned, listened and read stuff about the division and educated myself into the job), and I currently take home distinctly less than minimum wage after tax. You can't tell me that's not insane.

People at work are just horrible, no matter where you work.

Someone brought in a box of Celebrations, because of a colleague in the office retiring. The guy I sit next to (the one I usually moan about for being an abhorrent, dispicable human being) grabbed the box, took them to his desk and fished out every single Malteaser and Galaxy Caramel and Truffle (i.e. the best ones) and put them in his drawer.

Just awful. He does it with Roses too. He takes every single Caramel Keg and Fudge. He thinks its justified because "they are the only ones I like, so I'll eat those, and everyone can have the rest that I don't like". Not a hint of guilt or irony about it. He actually think that what he does is fair because of that.

I'm going to bring in a box of Roses, extract the Caramel from every Caramel Keg, and fill them back up with my own piss. Dig in, fucko.

Every time you mention this guy I immediately think of Jeff from The Peep Show.

Cyclists who cycle on the pavement. Nearly got ran over yesterday by some cunt as I turned a blind corner, only to have a cyclist come at me... the road was nearly empty as well. Why the fuck are you on the pavement? Also yesterday... saw some idiot chav cycling on the pavement on union street. It's crowded enough without clowns like that. They should be clotheslined by one pedestrian on either side, then stampeded over, then spat on for good measure. Another thing I saw recently was a who was on the road, cut onto the pavement, just to avoid a set of traffic lights, then go back onto the road again, these people also need some good old fashion vigilante action.

People who ring the buzzers to a set of flats..... for every person in the building, in quick succession. This means, even if you take sympathy on the twat in person, and press the buzzer, as they are cycling through them all so fast, the buzzer doesn't work and they can't get in. So not only are they pissing off everyone in the fucking building, their idiocy means they can't even get in. One particular goon today tried this, and was kicking and pushing the stair door at the same time. It's very tempting to go to the main door and open it whilst delivering a swift kick to the nuts to said person.

Finally .... Itunes. What a piece of shit. I hate ipods with a passion, yet was forced to get one due to teh size of my music collection. I don't know of another 160gb player on the market! Anyway when importing music, it double and treble adds songs, randomly misses out others, and seems oblivous to the ID3 tags I created when ripping CD's on another media player. Then randomly, when you plug your ipod in to charge, it readds files which are already on your ipod! Meaning you have to go through your library manually deleting the duplicates. It's soo annoying. If you sell a 160GB mp3 player and restrict me to using your own shitty media player, at least make sure it can handle the music I try to put on it.

Finally .... Itunes. What a piece of shit. I hate ipods with a passion, yet was forced to get one due to teh size of my music collection. I don't know of another 160gb player on the market! Anyway when importing music, it double and treble adds songs, randomly misses out others, and seems oblivous to the ID3 tags I created when ripping CD's on another media player. Then randomly, when you plug your ipod in to charge, it readds files which are already on your ipod! Meaning you have to go through your library manually deleting the duplicates. It's soo annoying. If you sell a 160GB mp3 player and restrict me to using your own shitty media player, at least make sure it can handle the music I try to put on it.

You can manage yr ipod with Winamp.

I really really don't get people's gripes with iTunes. I manage my music manually using iTunes and don't have problem with it, unless I download something and some fuck-o has included an Album Artist for half of the tracks and not for the other half. Quick fix though.

This is true.

I think iTunes is ace, never had a problem with it at all. Does exactly what I need it to do and optimised to put music on the device that I have. What's not to like?

You can manage yr ipod with Winamp.

Not a fan of winamp either really, although it is better than itunes.

Sharepod.

[EDIT= SharePod ]

Cheers, I'll have a look. I wish Songbird was ipod compatible though. It's by far the best music player I've used

I really really don't get people's gripes with iTunes. I manage my music manually using iTunes and don't have problem with it, unless I download something and some fuck-o has included an Album Artist for half of the tracks and not for the other half. Quick fix though.

1) Missing files when importing albums, meaning you have to do it again

2) Adding files 2 or 3 times, meaning you have it will add 1 song 3 times, eg

track 01

track 01

track 01

track 02

that's happened with me a LOT. I had to go manually deleting about 10GB or music when I first imported my library cos it double added them

3) Not doing an IMDB search for song names... 'because it wasn't imported using itunes'. Wut? Every other media player can do that....

4) it seems to hog tonnes of RAM, and my crappy old computer doesn't like that.

5) I know it's optional... but genius playlists are gash. I got an alternative rock playlist featuring everything from jazz to death metal from my library. Close... but no cigar.