aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

People who are determined Shell are scamming them out of 1p when their petrol/diesel comes to 20.01 pounds instead of 20.00 pounds. Yes, that's how Shell make their money, by charging you 0.05% more than you intended to pay. That and people who throw money/cards at you instead of handing them over normally, what the fuck is up with that?

P.S (Sorry for having to write "pounds" instead of the pound sign, but for some reason my keyboard isn't in U.K mode and I have no idea where the pound sign is).

I hate the stigma attached to change. I have to use a laundrette every couple of weeks or so. Said laundrette costs around 8 euros. This means I am constantly in search of coins like some kind of fucking magpie. As a result I use 20 notes for the sole purpose of getting loads of change. The looks of disgust are unbelievable. I'm buying a product from your store and i'm leaving feeling guilty?! Fuck right off. If everyone hates change so much why have a machine that accepts only coins?! I wish I could swipe for everything but what if your shopping comes to 9 pounds and the limit is 10?

as an aside, I read an article about Argentina literally running out of coins. Inside the world's most annoying economic crisis. - By Joe Keohane - Slate Magazine

Guest Gladstone
I hate the stigma attached to change. I have to use a laundrette every couple of weeks or so. Said laundrette costs around 8 euros. This means I am constantly in search of coins like some kind of fucking magpie. As a result I use 20 notes for the sole purpose of getting loads of change. The looks of disgust are unbelievable. I'm buying a product from your store and i'm leaving feeling guilty?! Fuck right off. If everyone hates change so much why have a machine that accepts only coins?! I wish I could swipe for everything but what if your shopping comes to 9 pounds and the limit is 10?

as an aside, I read an article about Argentina literally running out of coins. Inside the world's most annoying economic crisis. - By Joe Keohane - Slate Magazine

Couldn't agree more.

A shop doesn't have to accept any form of payment if it doesn't want to, but said shop should be happy to accept any legal tender from their customers given that their customers' money pays the bills.

Obviously someone like John W who is an employee and when on the checkout wants to get through his shift without too much hassle, including digging around for change etc. I know running out of change is a pain in the ass, and sometimes you just can't be arsed, but you have to remember that the 80 to 100 customers that come in during your shift and pay using a 20 note probably cover your wages for that shift. If they pissed off to a more change happy supermarket, you might lose a shift or be surplus to requirements...

On the change subject, it's worse working in the pub. I know the pissed fucker that's just given me 20 for his pint has smaller change. I know cos I served him 10 minutes ago, when he bought 1 drink using a 20 note. He probably put the change in his pocket and forgot, and looked in his wallet only to find another 20.

I actually like it when old drunk geezers come in and just hold out a hand full of poind coins and shrapnel and let me pick out the exact amount. Those dudes are ace.

On the change front, shop assistants who sit and look at you while you get the exact change to pay for your purchases as if your slowly killing a small puppy. There is no one behind us, you sure as hell ain't going to be doing anything approaching work before the next person comes, so stop looking so pissy and suck it up.

Also chancer kids doing penny for the guy in the street right next to another kid, three weeks before bonfire night. If i give you, i ain't giving your mate, if i don't give you, i'm definitely not giving your mate.

From now on, anyone wishing to have a baby, should be given an aptitude test. I'm increasingly aware of the fact that a massive amount of the young mothers and fathers in our society today are plain stupid, and I dread to think how their children will turn out.

Joking aside I think this is a genuine concern for the future of our society. Uneducated morons are firing out kids left, right and centre from an early age whereas educated, intelligent folk are putting off having kids (sometimes until it is too late) to focus on their careers and other more important stuff. The New Dark Ages....

Guest Gladstone
Joking aside I think this is a genuine concern for the future of our society. Uneducated morons are firing out kids left, right and centre from an early age whereas educated, intelligent folk are putting off having kids (sometimes until it is too late) to focus on their careers and other more important stuff. The New Dark Ages....

Don't worry The Great Bigsby is seeing us alright with his reproductive powers...

BBC iPlayer - Panorama: Undercover - Hate on the Doorstep

Dunno if anyone saw this the other night, but some of the stuff these kids were up to in this was shocking. Little cunts.

Pet hate: Kids that don't know their role. Jabronies!

Guest Gladstone
BBC iPlayer - Panorama: Undercover - Hate on the Doorstep

Dunno if anyone saw this the other night, but some of the stuff these kids were up to in this was shocking. Little cunts.

Pet hate: Kids that don't know their role. Jabronies!

Shite - was that the thing about the asian teenager who moved into a really racist neighbourhood for a few months? I meant to watch that then totally forgot about it.

Guest Gladstone
Yeah, well, she's in her twenties, but anyway. Was quite disgusting to watch.

I thought the article I read said, "[whatever her name is] now 18..."

(Doesn't matter though)

I hate freshers week. Whats with all the luminous tutus and leg warmers that people were having to wear?

I just can't stand the wackyness. Never before have I seen so many people blowing whistles while juggling on roller skates. At what point does a student decide he needs to look ridiculous, and adopt a wacky persona?

Being a student myself, I have to witness all the nonsense first-hand. Almost every day, no matter what the weather, I'll see students in shorts and sandals. I don't fucking get it. o_O