aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Must disagree. And I've lived in hot climates before, but a heatwave in Aberdeen is so humid it's stifling so I find this respite welcome.

I'd been wearing a jumper and a t-shirt the past couple of days, so to be down to just the t-shirt was a bonus. It was chillier than I'd been hoping for though

I love discovering music I've never heard before regardless of how well known the band is to other people. Christ, in the last couple of months I've been initiated to Deus and Ride, two well established bands I'd just never listened to before. As you say, it's all about sharing. You give me some of your music, i'll give you some of mine, there are no winners.

RIDE MIN! Good lad!

Aberdeen Box Office's phone system. Fucking shit.

Spent over an hour trying to get through for Billy Connelly tickets this morning then I gave up and walked to the box office to find they'd already sold out. Fuckers.

They should've put some online or install a better call handling system so you can queue instead of having to hit redial all the time

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Seagulls nesting on the roofs in my street and squawking all fucking night and keeping me awake.

To add financial stress to this situation, I have to pay guys to clean the foliage that grows out of their muck from my roof before winter or my gutters back up in the rain and I get leaks.

Bastards.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I'm going to write to the council to see if we can get them removed on the grounds that they make a fucking mess and keep everyone awake, however i'm sure they won't be willing or able to do anything.

I'm going to write to the council to see if we can get them removed on the grounds that they make a fucking mess and keep everyone awake, however i'm sure they won't be willing or able to do anything.

Save your breath, they are a protected species so they can't be touched.

Save your breath, they are a protected species so they can't be touched.

I actually can't find any information regarding the Herring Gull (the dog-sized pests that we have in Aberdeen) being a protected species. There are several protected Gull variants but the Herring Gull isn't one of them.

I'm getting absolutely fed up of the fucking things as well. I'm all for species diversity and a live and let live attitude towards most things if they keep themselves to themselves but these bloody things infringe on my personal space and attack me at every given opportunity.

I'm not entirely sure why Aberdeen City Council won't do anything constructive about it. I think the people opposed to being attacked by them, kept awake by them and generally inconvenienced by them would greatly outweigh the clowns who bump their gum's about conservation.

I fully understand that human's have to take partial responsibility for providing them with a much more attractive environment and food source but that doesn't mean our lives should be permanently inconvenienced by them. What's it going to take before somebody does something about the problem? Hopefully a kid will lose an eye or a pensioner will fall and break a hip because of an attack or something and the process will be sped up a little. We wouldn't have so much of a problem convincing people to get something done about it if there was a rat infestation in Aberdeen.