aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

it was aimed at the thread, not a person in particular. and was it known about his lymphoma before he went off on one anyway? i don't know why it's being treated as a personal insult when it clearly wasn't. this site is absolutely horrible as of the past few days.

what has been so bad over the past few days?

It was aimed at the whole thread, and whoever was involved in the cringeworthy arsepiss that was being spouted. I quoted a cartoon which summed up how I feel about it. I'm not going to bubblewrap everything I say because some chap seems to get offended at almost everything imaginable. I don't see how the quote could have possibly triggered his reaction. He literally just picked a word and turned it around to his own situation to create some psuedo I'm-so-insulted situation.

Heap of shite.

it was aimed at the thread, not a person in particular. and was it known about his lymphoma before he went off on one anyway? i don't know why it's being treated as a personal insult when it clearly wasn't. this site is absolutely horrible as of the past few days.

I'm not taking anything personally at all, I just find statements like that offensive. Does something have to be aimed at someone directly to be offensive?

So if you had cancer, or any disease for that matter, and it was mentioned in such a way that it was flipant, it wouldn't hit a nerve with you?

where do you stop with this mentality though? one of my parents has an alcohol problem, does that mean i should pull up anyone who talks about getting drunk cause it hurts my feelings? not that it does, cause you know, this is just an internet message board and not really the most serious of businesses.

It was aimed at the whole thread, and whoever was involved in the cringeworthy arsepiss that was being spouted. I quoted a cartoon which summed up how I feel about it. I'm not going to bubblewrap everything I say because some chap seems to get offended at almost everything imaginable. I don't see how the quote could have possibly triggered his reaction. He literally just picked a word and turned it around to his own situation to create some psuedo I'm-so-insulted situation.

Heap of shite.

I'm not insulted, I know it wasn't aimed at me, I never brought personal attack into it, or once suggested it was aimed at me. I just think that comments like that were more likely to have a negative effect and be offensive than ones I made.

Are you fucking serious? The chat on here in the last few days has been absolutely abysmal, I feel like my IQ has dropped several points simply from reading it.

show me some of this abysmal chat, appart from this thread or the one that was blocked earlier. I honestly dont see it being any worse than normal.

where do you stop with this mentality though? one of my parents has an alcohol problem, does that mean i should pull up anyone who talks about getting drunk cause it hurts my feelings? not that it does, cause you know, this is just an internet message board and not really the most serious of businesses.

Your parent has the chance to change there situation, I personally don't with mine. Big difference. I don;t want sympathy, cause thats where I think your going with this, so before you go there, don't

show me some of this abysmal chat, appart from this thread or the one that was blocked earlier. I honestly dont see it being any worse than normal.

I can't as it has all been deleted.

But it's becoming more and more that you have to trawl through pages of shite, childish banter and arguing to try and find one or two decent posts these days, I'm beginning to think that posting here isn't really worth the effort any more.

We can't because thankfully the majority of the shit chat has been deleted.

That should have been the end of it but thanks to certain individuals the chat has remained shit.

Your parent has the chance to change there situation, I personally don't with mine. Big difference. I don;t want sympathy, cause thats where I think your going with this, so before you go there, don't

no, where i'm going with this is that you're being overly sensitive. no one aimed anything at you, and to be honest some of your chat i've seen on here has been grim and i am far from easily offended, but i haven't thrown my toys out of the pram about it because this is JUST A MESSAGE BOARD.

if you're that easily upset about anyone even mentioning cancer in the passing maybe you should reconsider frequenting this website. or any other forum.

• Upvote 1

my pet hate is my neighbour, who likes to park in exactly the same spot on our street every day, but hasn't grasped the fact that it's not actually HER parking spot, and went off on one yesterday morning cause i was parked there. boo hoo. it's my block of flats too, and it's a public street, suck it up!

I can't as it has all been deleted.

But it's becoming more and more that you have to trawl through pages of shite, childish banter and arguing to try and find one or two decent posts these days, I'm beginning to think that posting here isn't really worth the effort any more.

appart from the pictures thread and a few posts in this one i honestly cant see where you are coming from. its not like every thread is filled with arguing or pointless posts. infact most threads on this site have good discussions going on right now, people seem to be concentrating on one or two bad examples, this site used to be a lot lot lot lot worse than it is this week.

my pet hate is my neighbour, who likes to park in exactly the same spot on our street every day, but hasn't grasped the fact that it's not actually HER parking spot, and went off on one yesterday morning cause i was parked there. boo hoo. it's my block of flats too, and it's a public street, suck it up!

My neighbour always parks 3/4 of a car length from the corner just to be awkward and take up more room. They do it on purpose and have admitted it.

They do it because they had a bit of a dispute about parking with another of our neighbours.

Unfortunately it's always us that suffer as when we get hoime everyone is parked so selfishly we end up having to park miles away from the bloody flat.

no, where i'm going with this is that you're being overly sensitive. no one aimed anything at you, and to be honest some of your chat i've seen on here has been grim and i am far from easily offended, but i haven't thrown my toys out of the pram about it because this is JUST A MESSAGE BOARD.

if you're that easily upset about anyone even mentioning cancer in the passing maybe you should reconsider frequenting this website. or any other forum.

Well maybe I am a little sensitive yeh, but if your ever in my shoes, you'll understand why!

But this has went far to far, and lets end it now. I'm sorry if I pissed you off, matter is closed with me.

appart from the pictures thread and a few posts in this one i honestly cant see where you are coming from. its not like every thread is filled with arguing or pointless posts. infact most threads on this site have good discussions going on right now, people seem to be concentrating on one or two bad examples, this site used to be a lot lot lot lot worse than it is this week.

The point is these 2 threads have been 2 of the most popular in recent weeks.

Honestly can we just move on and stop this shit. Please!

I feel bad for posting this and adding to this shite but it's getting on my tits so much!

Would you like a spoon? ha ha

Read my thoughts :up:

Pet hate of the day....

The excessive use of descriptives and superlatives in marketing...

Example: -

Flora Pro-Active - how is it pro-active exactly? Will it jump out the fridge and do my ironing without me asking?

My all-time fave was a full-page ad for the Nissan X-Trail SUV

Usual action shot, co/2 emisions, yadda yadda...

... but in the "Model Shown..." small print at the bottom it said...

..."Extreme" roofbars 375 extra.

What the fukkin fuk could possibly be "extreme" about a set of grandad roofbars?

There's too many others examples mention, but I'd love to know which ones you guys find amusing/irritating/ridiculous

Read my thoughts :up:

Pet hate of the day....

The excessive use of descriptives and superlatives in marketing...

Example: -

Flora Pro-Active - how is it pro-active exactly? Will it jump out the fridge and do my ironing without me asking?

My all-time fave was a full-page ad for the Nissan X-Trail SUV

Usual action shot, co/2 emisions, yadda yadda...

... but in the "Model Shown..." small print at the bottom it said...

..."Extreme" roofbars 375 extra.

What the fukkin fuk could possibly be "extreme" about a set of grandad roofbars?

There's too many others examples mention, but I'd love to know which ones you guys find amusing/irritating/ridiculous

Not really the same, but I saw an advert last night for the Clearblue Fertility Monitor, which said "is clinically proven to increase your chances of conceiving" (or words to that effect). Which I thought was a little misleading, as it makes it sound as though it's going to somehow make you more fertile, when really all it does is tell you which day you're most likely to fall pregnant on. Aye OK it will work in that sense, but if you're not going to conceive due to medical reasons, it's not "clinically proven to increase your chances of conceiving", which is what the advert made it sound like. Not false advertising or anything, just misleading.