aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Mo Johnson signed in the late 80's did he not?

Yup, 1989 and that's what I meant by relatively recently. Rangers was founded in 1873 I think, so 116 years of protestant signing policy in a 136 year history.

Yup, 1989 and that's what I meant by relatively recently. Rangers was founded in 1873 I think, so 116 years of protestant signing policy in a 136 year history.

Surely you can't judge a club for attitudes over a hundred years ago, when that attitudes don't necessarly exist today?

OK, I guess my mind works differently, 20 years ago to me isn't relatively recently, not to worry.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I wouldn't normally say 20 years ago is relatively recently either, but I think it is in this case.

It's like in America 50 odd years ago, they had separate water fountains depending on the colour of your skin. I'd call that relatively recently because of the nature of the subject.

Still believing that black people were somehow inferior to white people as recently as 50 years ago is ridiculous - it was of course, always ridiculous, but you know what I mean.

(Or I might just be saying this to make Rangers look bad... ;))

Surely you can't judge a club for attitudes over a hundred years ago, when that attitudes don't necessarly exist today?

That's nae what I said. I said that Rangers as a club had a protestant only signing policy until 20 years ago - there will be Rangers supporters who still exist who supported Rangers for a good 20/30/40 years before Mo Johnston signed, and I dare say quite a few of them still follow those beliefs, and will have passed this down to their kids and kids' kids etc.

That is why I said 20 years ago is still relatively recently in this case, because it will still have an affect on an element of the support.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I wouldn't normally say 20 years ago is relatively recently either, but I think it is in this case.

It's like in America 50 odd years ago, they had separate water fountains depending on the colour of your skin. I'd call that relatively recently because of the nature of the subject.

Still believing that black people were somehow inferior to white people as recently as 50 years ago is ridiculous - it was of course, always ridiculous, but you know what I mean.

(Or I might just be saying this to make Rangers look bad... ;))

Yeah but that's because you are brought up with different attitudes to those many years back where racism is rightly frowned upon - you only need to look at the terms used by Grandparents even now - it's not in my experience intentional racism and due to a hatred of black people, it's just the way they were brought up, it's impossible to apply todays thinking to it...which actually is another of my pet hates, over the top political correctness without context....

The Cool Person Thread.

It made me think of that line in futurama - "That was so terrible I think you just gave me cancer".

Well man, now I'm offended! I'm currently battling a Lymphoma in my lymph glands and folk on this site find cancer amusing?

So what more wrong, putting the word minge in a thread, or laughing at someone with a life threatening disease?

I'll let you decide

Well man, now I'm offended! I'm currently battling a Lymphoma in my lymph glands and folk on this site find cancer amusing?

So what more wrong, putting the word minge in a thread, or laughing at someone with a life threatening disease?

I'll let you decide

no one was laughing at your situation though, were they? stop going on and on about how hard done by you feel. you've said some pretty horrible stuff on here too, so it's rather hypocritical of you to try and take the moral high ground.

no one was laughing at your situation though, were they? stop going on and on about how hard done by you feel. you've said some pretty horrible stuff on here too, so it's rather hypocritical of you to try and take the moral high ground.

I'm not taking the moral high gound, or feeling sorry for myself. But every post I've posted that has been out of order has been dealt with by the mods, when I've posted stuff which is just crass at worst! People come out with shit like that and not a word is said. Surely the same rules should apply?

quoting from a tv show is definitely not worse than some of the stuff you've come out with. seriously. plus the quote wasn't even aimed at you, you just spotted another chance to jabber on about how you feel victimised cause not everyone wants to read the shite you post. why are you that bothered?

I'm not taking the moral high gound, or feeling sorry for myself. But every post I've posted that has been out of order has been dealt with by the mods, when I've posted stuff which is just crass at worst! People come out with shit like that and not a word is said. Surely the same rules should apply?

Dude, it's a forum and the mods can please themselves. You're starting to sound like a schoolkid.

(I'm in no way belittling life threatening diseases - this is aimed at all your other posts recently)

All this correctness and bickering over peoples opinions/thoughts n stuff

all jokes are going be in some way or other offensive to someone - if you put them up be aware of the consequences and prepared for someone to mention something that may be offensive to you

make love not war n all that shit!

quoting from a tv show is definitely not worse than some of the stuff you've come out with. seriously. plus the quote wasn't even aimed at you, you just spotted another chance to jabber on about how you feel victimised cause not everyone wants to read the shite you post. why are you that bothered?

He started the thread so yes it was kind of directed at him.

Anyway is it ok to laugh at something because someone on TV did?

He started the thread so yes it was kind of directed at him.

Anyway is it ok to laugh at something because someone on TV did?

He didn't say that he found cancer amusing, he said the thread was so shit it reminded him of a line from Futurama. He was insulting the thread, not making fun of people with cancer.

I accept my posts have been shite over the last few days, and I have been repremanded accordingly, and I'm cleaning up my act! Well trying to.

I'm bothered because i have been slaughtered for 2 days for my posts, then a someone posts a comment like that and it's overlooked! And now I'm even being attacked for making a valid point.

Dude, it's a forum and the mods can please themselves. You're starting to sound like a schoolkid.

(I'm in no way belittling life threatening diseases - this is aimed at all your other posts recently)

Thats the last time I'm gping to Exposure at the Lemon tree then, the Dummy is well out of the pram! Only kiddin dude :up:

it was aimed at the thread, not a person in particular. and was it known about his lymphoma before he went off on one anyway? i don't know why it's being treated as a personal insult when it clearly wasn't. this site is absolutely horrible as of the past few days.

He didn't say that he found cancer amusing, he said the thread was so shit it reminded him of a line from Futurama. He was insulting the thread, not making fun of people with cancer.

So if you had cancer, or any disease for that matter, and it was mentioned in such a way that it was flipant, it wouldn't hit a nerve with you?