aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Yeah, I'm totally with you on that. I do engage in mindless chit chat sometimes. But sometimes I can't be arsed, and sometimes I don't care what people got up to last night/weekend or whatever, and I'm a bit on the quiet side. The worst thing to do in this situation is to engage the quiet/unchatty person with stuff like "Are you okay?" "Not very chatty, today." Etc etc.

If I'm not in the mood to talk, just leave me be. I'm generally a friendly talkative person when things interest me, but your sister's dog's sore ear kind of bores me.

me too! As I said before - don't talk to me before 10am at work, specially with small talk on a Monday morning - 'how was your weekend?' argh! just feck off, I don't want you knowing what I did, I don't care what you did either. If my coffee wasn't so precious to me first thing in the morning I'd end up throwing my grande at them! Knobs!

Todays pet hate:

All the things that conspired last night to make sure I didn't get to sleep till 3am, and slept in for work this morning.

I put this down to a combination of:

• Taking ibuprofen before bed.
  • What sounded like a helicopter circling my flat for an hour.
  • A drunk guy outside screaming.
  • My girlfriend talking in her sleep.
  • My room being incredibly hot.
  • What sounded like someone playing a trumpet.
  • Not having my dinner till 11pm and going to bed with a full stomach.
  • A taxi pulling up outside and sitting with it's engine running for 20 minutes.

I hate all these things today.

sounds like you don't live far from me! Tho I admit I didn't hear your g/f talking in her sleep!

• A drunk guy outside screaming.
  • What sounded like someone playing a trumpet.In my case guitar upstairs constantly, but I can get him back with my dex
  • A taxi pulling up outside and sitting with it's engine running for 20 minutes.

this sounds like all the things I get that keep me from sleeping in my flat (ground floor)

I have been dodging this thread to avoid being a moaning bastard, but I have been sucked in:

I fucking hate nu-hippies - they spend all their time smoking weed, 'chilling' and listening to Emerson Lake & Facepalmer instead of getting a job and/or doing something with their lives.

You dont mean stoners surely do you????

On a side note, usually hate northsound one but they are playing "How Bizzare" so life is good :)

You dont mean stoners surely do you????

On a side note, usually hate northsound one but they are playing "How Bizzare" so life is good :)

They are a niche of stoners - I know plenty of folk who like a smoke and work their arse off the rest of the time. I just mean those who like to over-analyse life and talk about spiritualism, mentality, reality, astrology and all that other bollocks instead of doing something worthwhile and rewarding with themselves.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
instead of doing something worthwhile and rewarding with themselves.

Like discussing pet hates on an online forum.

They are a niche of stoners - I know plenty of folk who like a smoke and work their arse off the rest of the time. I just mean those who like to over-analyse life and talk about spiritualism, mentality, reality, astrology and all that other bollocks instead of doing something worthwhile and rewarding with themselves.

These would be the same people who sit moaning about not being able to do what they want whilst smoking weed, sitting on the internet, watching tv.....I know the type all too well unfortunately. They give stoners a bad name.

What do you do for a living, if you don't mind me asking? You're not on a temporary contract, are you?

I was sent to NHS Practitioner Services about a year and a half back by my agency to do general administration work for about 3 months. My departmental superior constantly referred to me as The Temp. Indeed, I don't even know if I am correct in capitalising it.

"Oh, just get The Temp to do that."

Yeah, it probably wasn't even capitalised...

I am a temp at the moment. although it's quite long term. I've never been called 'the temp' though. There's going to be a floating turd in the water cooler the moment it happens though.

So, today, I also hate Jimmy Chungs at the beach. Maybe it serves me right for going somewhere where the food is obviously a bit crap, but when you want a truckload of food, where else do you go? Regardless of the crappiness of the food, I expect them to be able to cook it properly at least. The battered chicken breast was both cold and undercooked. The inside was pink, fleshy and quite evidently raw in many places. I also took a bite out of some Char Sui Pork only to smash my teeth against a big, fuck off, massive bit of gristle. We asked to speak to a manager, who literally didnt say a thing, not even an apology nor did she show any incentive to do anything about it, like, checking the rest of it, taking it off etc... They said that they would just take off our number and we could go. The cheek of it was that when we were leaving, they called us back and demanded me paid for the drinks. By this time, they had tactfully taken the raw chicken and gristle away and probably binned it, so we had nothing to really contest against.

They did say that the pink on the INSIDE of the chicken was the "marinade". The chicken in question was the singular chicken in batter. No marinade. When questioning this, they just didn't say anything...

So, they were quite hasty to take the 'evidence' off us. I'd quite like to go to the local paper(s) about it, but I don't know how likely they'll be to take me on if I don't have the food to show them. But as well as the bad bad food, I'm as equally as apalled at the manager just simply not being fucking bothered about the situation on a whole.

Urgh.

What do you do for a living, if you don't mind me asking? You're not on a temporary contract, are you?

I was sent to NHS Practitioner Services about a year and a half back by my agency to do general administration work for about 3 months. My departmental superior constantly referred to me as The Temp. Indeed, I don't even know if I am correct in capitalising it.

"Oh, just get The Temp to do that."

Yeah, it probably wasn't even capitalised...

People keeping their VERY special guests secret when I have a newsletter telling me who the are!

Guest idol_wild
People keeping their VERY special guests secret when I have a newsletter telling me who the are!

Now now, I'll make a formal announcements when I'm ready. ;)

So, they were quite hasty to take the 'evidence' off us. I'd quite like to go to the local paper(s) about it, but I don't know how likely they'll be to take me on if I don't have the food to show them. But as well as the bad bad food, I'm as equally as apalled at the manager just simply not being fucking bothered about the situation on a whole.

Pet hates - people thinking the first and only course of action they have is to go to the press...

Fault Reporting Form

What I hate...

I have retards that have added me on msn, and they have the most emo names like:

'I feel so lonely.' .life is so hard'

FUCK OFF

no one cares

furthermore, fuck off and dont add me, retards!

This is why I don't make my MSN available to people online. Keep it private!

My pet hate is people who make a big deal of not going to meet them for drinks on a Friday after work. I endlessly get called an old man/boring etc by my colleagues (who are generally a little bit younger than me). Oh, I'm sorry that I live 30 miles from the office and have to drive home, and I'm equally sorry that I'm fucking busy all the time. But you know I am getting married in 2 months' time, as well as building a house. These things do tend to take up quite a lot of my time. "Oh, you're so under the thumb." What? No, I'm not. I asked her to marry me you idiot. If I didn't want to get married, I wouldn't have asked her. But I'm not going to jeapordise my future marriage by getting pished with you every Friday after work, and not being able to get home, just so you don't think I'm under the thumb. The worst part of this is that these people are all single. The minute they get into any sort of relationship, the requests to go to the pub suddenly stop, and on the odd occasion that I'm about on a Friday and go "fancy a pint after work?". Oh, sorry, I'm meeting my boyfriend.

This, spot on. Never really understood the workplace Friday evening thing. Work gets enough of my time as it is without adding any more on unnecessarily.

Another pet hate is making daft drunk posts on here at stupid o'clock, and I owe Warden an apology.

Not :up:

'Wacky' university students.

I mean... who goes to the cinema in just a pair of flip flops, swimming shorts and a towel? Get changed before you leave the swimming pool/beach you numpty.

seriously? a towel?

what a tool!

I'd like to add to the cauldron of hate we are brewing, student friends of mine who don't work yet constantly manage to go on holidays or weekend jaunts to far flung places. Then they are surprised to find out I can't just take time off work on a whim and fuck off with them.

This might not be one of those general pet hates that everyone encounters but it's more the lack of appreciation of the value of money and hard work that bugs me and a lot of students, particularly rich ones, are guilty of this. The type of person that says they want to be a student forever so they don't have to work for a living is every bit as bad as the rough minker down at the dole office.

People who get upset over football. There's nothing more annoying than watching a game/highlights than when the camera focuses on some cunt sitting in the crowd either crying or holding his/her head in their hands. fuck off, it's just a game!

Well, you obviously don't like football yourself, so stop watching football and complaining about the people who fucking love it, dick.