aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

You just told my granny to fuck off...

Fair enough though.

Sorry, but once I'm in charge, she'll be in the target population for 're-education'.

EDIT: Just realised I've suggested sending a member of your family to some sort of concentration camp. It was just a joke!* You seem to have a sense of humour though.

*might not be a joke. We'll see how things pan out.

Sorry, but once I'm in charge, she'll be in the target population for 're-education'.

EDIT: Just realised I've suggested sending a member of your family to some sort of concentration camp. It was just a joke!* You seem to have a sense of humour though.

*might not be a joke. We'll see how things pan out.

It's alright, it's probably for the best. We could just tell her she's going to a "special" nursing home where her love of Alan Titchmarsh and casual racism will be tolerated.

• Upvote 1

People who wear ponchos on King Street. Fuds.

Why only on King Street? I'd imagine people who wear ponchos anywhere, outside the set of a cowboy movie, are fuds.

You just told my granny to fuck off...

Fair enough though.

Also my mum. And pretty much the whole of Fraserburgh. Which isn't really a bad thing I suppose.

Greigs the bakers get quite quite agitated if you ask for a baguette.

"It's a softbite!"

No it's not, it's a baguette, everywhere else calls it a baguette so I'm not going to start dicking about with your stupid terminology.

For this same reason I always ask for either small, medium or large coffee in Starbucks. Who the fuck knows the difference between tall, grande and venti? If they just called it just call it small, meduim and large people would be less inclined to roll their eyes and grind their teeth when the fucktard behind the counter corrects them.

"Medium latt please."

"Grande?"

"No. Medium."

apples, when other eat them...noisey as it is, but for feck sake close your gob when you eat it!

The noise of anyone eating anything turns my stomach but apples are a particular nightmare. It's almost as if, because it's healthy, people want to draw your attention to the fact they're eating it and crunch away at thr fucking thing.

It's the slapping noise of the tongue of the palette that really sends shivers down my spine.

Why only on King Street? I'd imagine people who wear ponchos anywhere, outside the set of a cowboy movie, are fuds.

Ah well, my post was after spotting some total scroat walking down King Street in one. But you're right; anyone sporting one who isn't a) in Mexico or b) starring in a Spaghetti Western is in need of a dry slap.

For this same reason I always ask for either small, medium or large coffee in Starbucks. Who the fuck knows the difference between tall, grande and venti?

Pretentious caffeine based namings aside, the pricing structure is usually a good guide. :up:

I may have tossed this one out previously, but old folk in Marks & Spencers - seriously, if you want to amble about aimlessly like the cast of Dawn of the Dead in the shopping mall (original version naturally, not the turbo-charged remake editions) go and do it in some old person based activity centre. For all the moaning about pensions being inadequate how come so many old folk can afford Markies?

Also, the disappearance of Becks beer in pubs. It has been my tipple of choice for 20 years and was always the reliable option that was in EVERY pub but seems to be going the way of the Dodo in favour of citrus accessory novelty beers. Some pubs gratifyingly stock Budvar which is a sound replacement but for some reason it has an effect similar to Stella on me and extreme drunkenness beckons far sooner than it should.

There's no other way to eat an apple other than to 'crunch away at the thing', unless I was to liquidise, but then it's not an apple. It's baby food. Apples are fucking great.

I hate it when people have ridiculous opinions.

I already stated they were noisey as it is, but to proced chewing with your mouth open is just not right. no need. no one said they weren't great

Not enough people said they were great.

You know what I hate? People who make a big deal out of someone being quiet, as in not being a talker. I'm not much of a talker, especially not at work. I hate small talk. I can't do it. I don't care if it's windy today. You cut your grass at the weekend? Well, I'll be... Boring. Can't do it. I'd rather there be silence than forcing out the most mundane of dialogue solely to pass the time. I'm not shy. I'm not timid. I just don't want to talk. I don't feel the need to mindlessly make sounds with my mouth, waffling on about nothing at all during the working hours. My boss has made sarcastic comments on a couple of occasions about how I don't say anything, so yesterday, I joined in a conversation about football, to where he says "OH, HE DOES TALK!!". What the fuck do you say to that? You can't fucking win. Next time he asks me anything, I'm just going to stare at him, in silence. If he keeps repeating himself, I'm going to gradually get more and more naked until he stops talking, and I'll take it from there.

It doesn't help that he talks really quietly, so when he does make really awesome, super fun small talk, I have to ask him to repeat himself. He proceeds to say it slower rather than louder. Nice one, pissbag. That really helps. Why don't I just stand outside and wave my arms around, and you can interprete my response from the direction in which I throw them. It'll be equally as helpful to you as your sluggish whispering is to me, botter.

Guest idol_wild

You know what I hate? People who make a big deal out of someone being quiet, as in not being a talker. I'm not much of a talker, especially not at work. I hate small talk. I can't do it. I don't care if it's windy today. You cut your grass at the weekend? Well, I'll be... Boring. Can't do it. I'd rather there be silence than forcing out the most mundane of dialogue solely to pass the time. I'm not shy. I'm not timid. I just don't want to talk. I don't feel the need to mindlessly make sounds with my mouth, waffling on about nothing at all during the working hours. My boss has made sarcastic comments on a couple of occasions about how I don't say anything, so yesterday, I joined in a conversation about football, to where he says "OH, HE DOES TALK!!". What the fuck do you say to that? You can't fucking win. Next time he asks me anything, I'm just going to stare at him, in silence. If he keeps repeating himself, I'm going to gradually get more and more naked until he stops talking, and I'll take it from there.

What do you do for a living, if you don't mind me asking? You're not on a temporary contract, are you?

I was sent to NHS Practitioner Services about a year and a half back by my agency to do general administration work for about 3 months. My departmental superior constantly referred to me as The Temp. Indeed, I don't even know if I am correct in capitalising it.

"Oh, just get The Temp to do that."

Yeah, it probably wasn't even capitalised...

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

It doesn't help that he talks really quietly, so when he does make really awesome, super fun small talk, I have to ask him to repeat himself. He proceeds to say it slower rather than louder. Nice one, pissbag. That really helps. Why don't I just stand outside and wave my arms around, and you can interprete my response from the direction in which I throw them. It'll be equally as helpful to you as your sluggish whispering is to me, botter.

Yeah, I'm totally with you on that. I do engage in mindless chit chat sometimes. But sometimes I can't be arsed, and sometimes I don't care what people got up to last night/weekend or whatever, and I'm a bit on the quiet side. The worst thing to do in this situation is to engage the quiet/unchatty person with stuff like "Are you okay?" "Not very chatty, today." Etc etc.

If I'm not in the mood to talk, just leave me be. I'm generally a friendly talkative person when things interest me, but your sister's dog's sore ear kind of bores me.

My pet hate is people who make a big deal of not going to meet them for drinks on a Friday after work. I endlessly get called an old man/boring etc by my colleagues (who are generally a little bit younger than me). Oh, I'm sorry that I live 30 miles from the office and have to drive home, and I'm equally sorry that I'm fucking busy all the time. But you know I am getting married in 2 months' time, as well as building a house. These things do tend to take up quite a lot of my time. "Oh, you're so under the thumb." What? No, I'm not. I asked her to marry me you idiot. If I didn't want to get married, I wouldn't have asked her. But I'm not going to jeapordise my future marriage by getting pished with you every Friday after work, and not being able to get home, just so you don't think I'm under the thumb. The worst part of this is that these people are all single. The minute they get into any sort of relationship, the requests to go to the pub suddenly stop, and on the odd occasion that I'm about on a Friday and go "fancy a pint after work?". Oh, sorry, I'm meeting my boyfriend.

My pet hate is people who make a big deal of not going to meet them for drinks on a Friday after work. I endlessly get called an old man/boring etc by my colleagues (who are generally a little bit younger than me). Oh, I'm sorry that I live 30 miles from the office and have to drive home, and I'm equally sorry that I'm fucking busy all the time. But you know I am getting married in 2 months' time, as well as building a house. These things do tend to take up quite a lot of my time. "Oh, you're so under the thumb." What? No, I'm not. I asked her to marry me you idiot. If I didn't want to get married, I wouldn't have asked her. But I'm not going to jeapordise my future marriage by getting pished with you every Friday after work, and not being able to get home, just so you don't think I'm under the thumb. The worst part of this is that these people are all single. The minute they get into any sort of relationship, the requests to go to the pub suddenly stop, and on the odd occasion that I'm about on a Friday and go "fancy a pint after work?". Oh, sorry, I'm meeting my boyfriend.

Well said!

Equally on the other side, people who have boyfriends who can't make a decision for themselves until the consult the boyfriend.....jeez you live with the guy come round for dinner with the girls one night out of the year!!

Todays pet hate:

All the things that conspired last night to make sure I didn't get to sleep till 3am, and slept in for work this morning.

I put this down to a combination of:

• Taking ibuprofen before bed.
  • What sounded like a helicopter circling my flat for an hour.
  • A drunk guy outside screaming.
  • My girlfriend talking in her sleep.
  • My room being incredibly hot.
  • What sounded like someone playing a trumpet.
  • Not having my dinner till 11pm and going to bed with a full stomach.
  • A taxi pulling up outside and sitting with it's engine running for 20 minutes.

I hate all these things today.