aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

The 'Save the Planet' types in yellow vests who leap into your path waving a clipboard in your face outside HMV. Sometimes I feel like giving a light flick to their testicular region. Unless it's a girl. Sometimes it's hard to tell with them.

Whenever they speak to me I become magically under 18.

I agree. When they dance alongside you whilst walking backwards and giving you a Fonz-style 'aaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy, just give me two minutes'

I got some big guy with dreads walking backwards beside me yesterday.

"Heeey, matey! You up for a bit of banter??!!"

"No."

"Yeah come on, just two min..."

"Fuck off"

"Hahahahaa! Two minutes. So...."

Christalmighty.

It always amazes me that they still seem to get people to stop and talk to them. I would expect to see more of them lying bleeding and unconscious. I can't be the only one doing it?

I got asked for money from the same beggar three times in the space of 20 minutes on Union Street yesterday. He started off with a spiel about how he was lost, and wanted to know where the homeless could go and eat a meal. After telling him I didn't know, he then, obviously, asked for a bit of money.

I think if I was so bold as to ask strangers for money, I'd at least try and remember a face to avoid the answer of "Don't know where you can eat. Don't have any money to give you" which is the answer he got on the third time of asking.

Maybe I should have given him some directions that would have led him to the Job Centre.

"No."

"Fuck off"

Christalmighty.

It always amazes me that they still seem to get people to stop and talk to them. I would expect to see more of them lying bleeding and unconscious. I can't be the only one doing it?

I asked that same guy if he would give me 15,000 to stop me from becoming homeless. No dice. Not that much of a charity really :down:

Cunting students with megaphones doing some sort of un-fucking-necessary protest march down the street behind my fucking office. I'm not occupying Iraq or Palestine so FUCK OFF when I'm trying to do work.

They came into one of my lectures: "these are um, like, um, a list of our, eh, demands... and you know, you should like read the demands..."

Are they honestly so socially retarded that the only way they can make friends is to cling to a cause that has nothing to do with them? TWATS.

An additional pet hate of mine is when youre discussing cinema with subtitles and some moron pipes up with,

If I wanted to read, Id read a book

I hate this comment too, although I tend to not really dig films with subtitles. I often get a bit distracted in the actual imagery, I forget to read for quite a bit, and then lose track of what's going on, and it stops making sense to me.

Dubbed is much better. Usually because even the most serious of situations becomes slightly funny, and also quite baffling as to how much longer a sentence is in Japanese compared to English.

Dubbed is much better. Usually because even the most serious of situations becomes slightly funny, and also quite baffling as to how much longer a sentence is in Japanese compared to English.
Apocalypto is quite possibly my favourite movie of all time. It would SUCK if it was dubbed. I dare say it would probably suck if it had been in English in the first place.

Think I've watched it enough times now that I can know pretty much exactly what's being said without reading the subtitles.

EDIT: I just realised that you saying dubbed was actually because it becomes humouros. I should finsih reading posts before hitting reply in the future.

Apologies. Seppuku will be carried out.

Those clipboard fuckers really get on my tits. I've ranted about them many, many times on these boards. I have on occasion been stopped 6 or 7 times on the way down Union Street by the people from Shelter. I used to just politely smile and say I was in a bit of a hurry, sorry. Now if one of them even makes eye contact with me i put my angry face on.

Hi, there do you ha....

Fuck off.

It'll just take t....

No, fuck off.

One of them actually followed me down the street once yelling "I bet you've never been homeless have you sir!" after I told him to get tae. They are parasites, there's absolutely no chance of me signing up with them, or ever giving any money to their charities ever again, on general principle. Me and Shelter are done professionally. Also Amnesty International.

I saw a foreign dubbing of Flintstones when I was younger, back when analogue Sky had all those German channels.

It was freaky weird. Especially Bam Bam. They even dubbed Bam Bam to sound more german, even though he still said "Bam bam!"

Absolutely mental.

:D I would love to hear that.

I get the distracted thing too; like if there's subtitles in something I focus on watching them more than the film and I miss what's happening. It's like when there's someone doing sign language in the corner of TV programmes and I always just focus on them.

I saw a foreign dubbing of Flintstones when I was younger, back when analogue Sky had all those German channels.

It was freaky weird. Especially Bam Bam. They even dubbed Bam Bam to sound more german, even though he still said "Bam bam!"

Absolutely mental.

I saw Deliverance dubbed in German when I was on holiday in Switzerland.

The "squeel like a piggy" scene is vastly more disturbing in German.

"No."

"Fuck off"

Christalmighty.

Maybe we should start a movement of guiding them towards obstacles and making them hit the deck - if we each tell everyone we know to start doing the same, maybe they'll stop? Worth a try - and good for a laugh ;)

Guest Jake Wifebeater
That sounds like a great job! :)

Best job I've ever had, really worthwhile. Only been doing it proper for 3 weeks after doing a bit of it on the side from my permanent post for 2 years. The bit on the side became the full-time job at the start of the month and it's starting to scare me how everything seems to be falling into my lap lately. Would recommend support work to anyone.

:up:

Best job I've ever had, really worthwhile. Only been doing it proper for 3 weeks after doing a bit of it on the side from my permanent post for 2 years. The bit on the side became the full-time job at the start of the month and it's starting to scare me how everything seems to be falling into my lap lately. Would recommend support work to anyone.

:up:

Kudos to you sir.

I was going to say, that didn't sound like a great job, but a fucking difficult one. Still, good on you if you enjoy it.

I got asked for money from the same beggar three times in the space of 20 minutes on Union Street yesterday. He started off with a spiel about how he was lost, and wanted to know where the homeless could go and eat a meal. After telling him I didn't know, he then, obviously, asked for a bit of money.

I think if I was so bold as to ask strangers for money, I'd at least try and remember a face to avoid the answer of "Don't know where you can eat. Don't have any money to give you" which is the answer he got on the third time of asking.

Maybe I should have given him some directions that would have led him to the Job Centre.

That same guy approached me last Wednesday at a bus stop, asking about where he could get a meal. I pointed him in the direction of the Salvation Army, but he said he was too late for that. He then proceeded to ask if I could spare any change- I genuinely couldn't as I needed what I had for the bus. He replied that anything at all would be greatly appreciated, so I handed him a 10p from the bottom of my jean pocket. This was met with total disgust- "IS THIS REALLY ALL YOU CAN FUCKING SPARE?" to which I made a cheeky remark about the credit crunch. He then said something about it not even being worth taking from me, so I asked for it back. He then insulted me further whilst turning to the person waiting next to me TO PULL THE SAME ROUTINE AGAIN. I've since heard he's quite well known for this.

The most annoying part was when I realised I actually needed that 10p to get on the bus. Rant over.