aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

correct spelling in our speech???????? That makes no sense whatsoever. You dont say words exactly how they are spelt.

Its a simple case of different parts of the world use the english accent in different ways, we are not the beallandendall of the english language and im sure people dont understand why we say words in certain ways, especially us up here, you ever tried speaking to a foreign person in an aberdeen accent, its pointless.

yea... I see where your going with that....speech is phonetic ! As in We & Americans both say "Kuller" (phonetic) but we spell it colour and they spell it color

I meant that the english words we use in our speech, we tend to spell them in the correct way... mostly (unless its slang of course or we can't spell)...

yea... I see where your going with that....speech is phonetic ! As in We & Americans both say "Kuller" (phonetic) but we spell it colour and they spell it color

I meant that the english words we use in our speech, we tend to spell them in the correct way... mostly (unless its slang of course or we can't spell)...

Are you trying to make a point?

I hate people who tuck their trousers into their socks. (Chavs)

If you are on a night out with a group of people and some random person who has decided to go out on their own wants to join your group and tell you stories of their whole life. Ahhhhh

Bottle throwing at festivals - scary.

People who can't have a debate without shouting, swearing and pointing.

People having no manners and making no effort with what they put on.

Aberdeen buses.

Is it just me or does this read like a Christopher Walken monologue?

Stop using ellipsis please. You could have quite easily used full stops or commas there.

Why do we speak in a scottish accent?

Why do we say tatties instead of potatoes?

I don't do either of those things.

"Creg" has nothing to do with the fucking accent, its just prounoncing the name wrong.

Americans are perfectly capable of saying "Krayg" if they wanted to.

I don't do either of those things.

"Creg" has nothing to do with the fucking accent, its just prounoncing the name wrong.

Americans are perfectly capable of saying "Krayg" if they wanted to.

well you must be one of those few people in the world who has no accent and says every word exact how they were ment to, more the power to you.

well you must be one of those few people in the world who has no accent and says every word exact how they were ment to, more the power to you.

Thats not what i said, at all.

And I also said that accent has nothing to do with saying Craig right.

I know you can barely write properly but surely you can bloody read.

Thats not what i said, at all.

And I also said that accent has nothing to do with saying Craig right.

I know you can barely write properly but surely you can bloody read.

Barely write? Theres no need for the insults, i dont think what i said would have been taken as one.

so i take it your not scottish then, my appologies i didnt think about that, but im sure not every american says your name wrong, anyway how do you know thats not how they actually pronounce the name over there?

Barely write? Theres no need for the insults, i dont think what i said would have been taken as one.

so i take it your not scottish then, my appologies i didnt think about that, but im sure not every american says your name wrong, anyway how do you know thats not how they actually pronounce the name over there?

I am, though not with a Scottish accent. And I'm afraid the majority do, having stayed there for extensive periods of time over the last 6 years.

And that is the way they pronounce it. That's the problem. It just annoys me, thats all. Again, not a big deal, just pisses me off. Which is what this thread's for.

I am, though not with a Scottish accent. And I'm afraid the majority do, having stayed there for extensive periods of time over the last 6 years.

And that is the way they pronounce it. That's the problem. It just annoys me, thats all. Again, not a big deal, just pisses me off. Which is what this thread's for.

I never said it was a big deal, this is a discussion forum and thats what we're doing isnt it?

Have you maybe considered that the way they say it is correct and we are wrong?

I never said it was a big deal, this is a discussion forum and thats what we're doing isnt it?

Have you maybe considered that the way they say it is correct and we are wrong?

No because it's a scottish name. Comes from the word Crayg which means rock in Gaelic, or something.