aberdeen-music

Hilarious Health Warning re heavy metal headbanging etc

Graham Knight

Mind me asking.

Why were you reading the Sydney Morning Herald?

A friend of mine is appearing at a show in Sydney and I was check to see whether there were any press reviews.

This daft newspaper story about "headbangers" is really a story from the AP (Associated Press Wire) so it will probably appear in hundreds of papers - maybe a big item in the P&J tomorrow. Stand by for a David Ewen - special report - handbanging crisis hits North East.

• Upvote 1

I actually lol'd when I heard this story on Northsound 1 this morning. Greigsy made a vaguely good point.....could you imagine going into Moshulu and everyone going, "stop a second while I put my neck brace on."

No.

But I could imagine that's what his girlfriend...

You can add the rest ;)

• Upvote 1

HAHA thats awesome, mild traumatic brain injury, only really good music can do that!

:up:

Plus a far more important hazard - you'll look like a twat.

headbanging is not a fashion statement, this is how people who like metal connect with the music. If you truly like metal you would understand and if you dont you should at least understand that what you look like has nothing to do with enjoying music.

Some people like to 'dance' to enjoy music, usually like posers because they want to look good to others around them.

The difference between headbanging and dancing is that people who are headbanging are enjoying the music they like in a completely non-vain way(i.e arent trying to pull).

Although related to moshing, headbanging is a slightly friendlier way to enjoy heavy music, seeing how there is no swinging of fists/fat bastards hurtling about at high speed etc, id rather get some mild traumatic brain injury than some stupid HardCore dancers foot in my face any day!

The difference between headbanging and dancing is that people who are headbanging are enjoying the music they like in a completely non-vain way(i.e arent trying to pull).

slight amount of bullshit in that statement, people don't dance just to pull or look good, maybe some do, but you can't generalise non-headbangers as being posers who only want to pull.. ?!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
id rather get some mild traumatic brain injury than some stupid HardCore dancers foot in my face any day!

This is actually a fair point. HC dancing is the most ludicrous phenomenon in years, from the getting down on your hands and knees to be jumped on from behind by other guys (dodgy, or what?) to the stupid fucking rowing boat and the human skipping rope.

It looks even more stupid than some gumby Big Chief Hair Farmer throwing its head about like a windmill playing a guitar which does not exist.

Not :up:

slight amount of bullshit in that statement, people don't dance just to pull or look good, maybe some do, but you can't generalise non-headbangers as being posers who only want to pull.. ?!

OK i used some heavy generalisation there, i was just comparing it so that its obvious that headbanging is done purely for self enjoyment, and i dont think anybody who does it cares if someone thinks they look like a 'twat'.end of.

I had to look up hardcore dancing as I admit I didn't really know what it was or how it differed from moshing/headbanging etc.

But this is one of the most ludicrous things I've ever seen. People actually do this?

To my mind dancing is something that just feels natural..whereas this seems so contrived.

YouTube - this is how GaY harcore dancing is

haha pretty funny vid,why are they swinging their fists about when its so obvious none of them want to get hit.....

its the wierd spinkick im talkin about though, last gig i was at in glasgow these guys were doin it,takin turns like they were breakdancing or sumthin, and one of them ended up kicking the other one hard in the back of the head - it was a beautiful moment.