aberdeen-music

Recording radio streams

Dayeth

Ok I've been reading bits and pieces here and there and tried a few programs but not had the time to try anything in detail...BASICALLY, does anyone have a simple way I can record the Bruce Dickinson Rock Show rerun off the BBC website onto MP3, so I can listen to it in the car?

Thanks in advance.

Run Audacity - play the stream on the BBC site, and hit record on Audacity. Then export it as an mp3..

if you haven't got Audacity set up already, you'll also need to download the LAME mp3 encoder plug in to make it able to create mp3s - Audacity: How do I download and install the LAME MP3 encoder?

Further to this, you must remember to make sure the source for the recording is not set to Microphone. On my computer, the output of the sound card (which is what you're recording) is referred to in Audacity as "Stereo Mix"

Thanks guys, I've got Audacity running BUT

Further to this, you must remember to make sure the source for the recording is not set to Microphone. On my computer, the output of the sound card (which is what you're recording) is referred to in Audacity as "Stereo Mix"

I don't have that Stereo Mix option, just Line In, Rear Mic and Microphone, and no amount of sound card settings and driver updates seem to be changing this. I thought I might get a double ended jack cable to go from the output into either of the 3 input choices?

Thanks guys, I've got Audacity running BUT

I don't have that Stereo Mix option, just Line In, Rear Mic and Microphone, and no amount of sound card settings and driver updates seem to be changing this. I thought I might get a double ended jack cable to go from the output into either of the 3 input choices?

Did you download the stable version (1.2.6) or the newest version (which seems stable enough to me) (1.3.6)? If you got 1.2.6, try 1.3.6 and see if it's any different.