aberdeen-music

favourite sweetie?

Indie King

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate mint chocolate, orange chocolate, any fruit in chocolate that isn't raisins.

Acceptable fillings include caramel, wafer, biscuit, nuts, raisins, more chocolate, nougat, fudge and whatever the hell it is in the middle of Dime bars.

In America when I was very young, I had a chocolate bar called Jelly and Custard. It looked like a Mars Bar, but instead of caramel, it had custard, but not regular custard. The kind you get in a custard doughnut. Less runny. And instead of nougat, it had jam. I ate the whole thing, because my Mum was convinced I wouldn't like it. She was right. It was grotesque, but I hate being wrong.

The caramel tastes like burnt arseholes.

1. Fry's Turkish Delight

2. Fry's Orange/Chocolate Cream (fuck off Mint)

3. Rose and Violet Creams (Do they really count? they're difficult to get a hold of)

4. Double Decker

5. Kit Kat chunky

6. Hershey's kisses bar. Specifically the bar. The kisses on their own are rubbish and in the bar they have cookie in them. Yes, it's mainly for the cookie.

Real swiss chocolate is the best. When I went to Zurich I brought back loads. It's the shizzle.

PS: Wispa Golds are awesome.

I stocked up when I was working in Geneva as well. It's little wonder I put on almost a stone in the three months I was there. The only thing I've ever had come close in the UK was this bar of Swiss milk chocolate that Markies used to sell, but they don't sell it any more. It was good.

I loved them. I've never found a close replacement except Jelly Belly's... and they're just too goddamn expensive to buy with regularity (plus some of the flavours are rubbish).

Yeah you're enjoying some nice fruity jelly beans then suddenly you bite into one and you're like "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS? CINNAMON! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!"

Well maybe it's only me that does that. The light pink ones are fucking manky.

I'm not that sweet of tooth, but I really miss Secret bars from the late '80s early '90s. Also, I used to be partial to Walnut Whips, but they are a bit shit since they changed the recipe in the mid '90s.

Why do they insist of fucking about with something that works?

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are about all I'll eat now. Oh, Creme Egg Twisted thingys are ace too.

I was there last night and there were NO DRIFTERS TO BE FOUND!!!! You fuck.

There needs to be more chewy chocolate bars.

I like Curly Wurlys, but their lack of girth and consistency annoys me. You're drawn in by it's size, but you are being conned by the holes.

Why would they try and fleece the chocolate eating public like this?

I just had a Fudge, and it was lovely.

A finger of Fudge is, after all, enough to give your kids a treat.

Mmmm fudge's are the biz!

The caramel tastes like burnt arseholes.

1. Fry's Turkish Delight

2. Fry's Orange/Chocolate Cream (fuck off Mint)

3. Rose and Violet Creams (Do they really count? they're difficult to get a hold of)

PS: Wispa Golds are awesome.

Can't stand 1,2 & 3, but your PS is good shout!

What were those cup things you get in your pick-a-mix in foil, they were quite yum!

Nuttella by the spoon - no way would add to other food!

I was there last night and there were NO DRIFTERS TO BE FOUND!!!! You fuck.

They're in the snack section by the magazines, though I don't work there so can't comment on stock levels. Other stores are available.

Either that, or I'm trying to fuck you off cause you're a broch mink.... :up:

They're in the snack section by the magazines, though I don't work there so can't comment on stock levels. Other stores are available.

Either that, or I'm trying to fuck you off cause you're a broch mink.... :up:

Ah OK... I didn't look there. Because I didn't know there was a snack section by the magazines. In fact I couldn't really find single chocolate bars, after looking up and down the sweetie aisles I just looked at fag counter, where there were no Drifters, however I did end up with 5 Tesco chocolate bars, a bag of barley sugar and a pack of blackcurrant Fruit Pastilles, which are fucking great. They are ALL black!

Extreme Sweetie Experiment #1:

Consume adequate dose of magic mushrooms.

Install primary colour lighting, red, blue, green etc.

Consume fruit pastilles.

Ask yourself what flavour they are.

Trip the fuck out.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not advocating anyone should consume fruit pastilles. They're very bad for your teeth.