aberdeen-music

favourite sweetie?

Indie King

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck me, any sweet that doesn't have nuts or raisins gets my vote!

Especially:

Fudge (M & S fudge are awesome)

Cream Eggs and that Cream Egg Twisted thing,

Drifter

Double Decker,

Boost,

Flake,

Marabou Chocolate that i get on the rigs,

Kit Kat Chunky,

Oh and that sweet years ago called Secret. Anyone remember them, like a chocolate nest with this chewy stuff in the middle.

I could be here all day!!!

I love crisps as much as i love sweet's!!

(Maybe why i am a fat bastard)!!!!

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
You used to be able to but Spiras in multi packs in farmfoods. That was my only source until about 3 years ago when it finally got killed off. I'm not positive that they've stopped making them but they were rare indeed.

I'm trying to remember the name of the sweet that was like a spira but with milky way stuff in the middle (rather than air).

Whatever they were, they were the best!

Ps: Hats off to Maxi mentioning Time Outs. I'd actually typed it on my list then took it off... wasn't sure if it fell into the tricky biscuit bar catagory.

Hmmm - are you thinking of Secret bars? I can't specifically remember what Spira was like, but Secret bars weren't in existence for that long - it was like really thin chocolate layered round a creamy milky way type filling. When you took the wrapper off, it was inside a little white card thing to stop it getting crushed/broken. They were fucking amazing.

That's the exact one. I remember them now - though I'd forgotten about the bit of cardboard until I read your post. That was my favourite sweet... I can't believe they stopped making them. Everyone loved them!

Yeah that's starting to sound familiar actually.... though all I can really remember is the cardboard bit!

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Yeah that's starting to sound familiar actually.... though all I can really remember is the cardboard bit!

The cardboard bit didn't taste that good - the chocolate etc was much better.

I was in Tesco Broch last night, and saw some sweeties you might like.

Hershey's, Reeses, Mike and Ike, Green & Blacks - American Candy & Chocolate | D&D Snacks UK

Looked fucking horrible to me, but going by your post yesterday, I'm sure you'd like it!

As well as that, I saw quite a few weird looking fuckers......... ;)