aberdeen-music

Who Throws a Shoe?!

Shaki

Guest Bob Double Jack

its apparently the biggest insult someone can make in iraq according to todays "Times".pity he missed that gibbering imbecile. the irony if it landed in his mouth ( foot in mouth gag - poor i know)

It's not just in Iraq, I believe it's in many countries of the Middle East. If I remember correctly it's an Islamic thing to do with the soles of the shoe making contact with the unclean ground, etc.

The guy shoeldn't have done it, yes fair enough it's to insult a person who has a foreign policy akin to a dog with a bone but still diplomacy always wins except if the dog has a shoe.

When in an Islamic country you should not bare the soles of your feet to anyone this is considered extremely insulting. Wasn't aware this was the case with shoes being lobbed.

The guy shoeldn't have done it, yes fair enough it's to insult a person who has a foreign policy akin to a dog with a bone but still diplomacy always wins except if the dog has a shoe.

When in an Islamic country you should not bare the soles of your feet to anyone this is considered extremely insulting. Wasn't aware this was the case with shoes being lobbed.

Yeah it was a stupid thing to do and the guy should't have done it. But in the grand scheme of things it's minor compared to what America are doing in the region.

The soles of the shoe thing is true though. I put my feet on the table a little bit at University and my Iranian friend was offended.