aberdeen-music

Drinking establishments?

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

yeah Howff.

canna beat it if you are hungover...they just stick everything on a plate which seems to always contain coleslaw.

mmmm coleslaw!! Went ot howff few years back for xmas dinner, was pretty tastey!

LOL I watched that Come Dine With Me, he seemed ok, it was the nob-end old mannie I couldn't stand....wankoid!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone ever go to the Balaclava? I used to stay on Schoolhill and walk past every Sunday(sometimes for a horrendous Cirta dinner on the corner of Dod Street) and the place was rocking by about 1pm!! I think i have been in once but can't remember it too well.

We always meet in there before getting the supporters bus to Scotland games. It's absolutely hoaching by 7am on those days :up:

Aye, I remember those too.

...and, yeah, it's almost mandatory to end up in Downtown on the 24th Dec...even though it's always horrible! The curfew rules are ridiculous too - having to spend an hour or so in that Plus place before you can get in if you're late. Seriously, someone needs to rethink that.

I usually prefer going via Plus, as you can grab a seat and have a conversation instead of standing in a silly long queue dodging past pregnant girls you used to go to school with, who are pished and wiping sick off their belly, all whilst having a fag.

It also means I spend less time in Downtown avoiding ex-girlfriends, ex-classmates and ex-pupils!!

Spoken for truth - the wang of pish is overwhelming.

Globe for me.

Great pub, good music, good food and nae minkit shite.

aye, the globe is good. though the bands are sometimes completely shit on a friday and saturday night and it gets completely rammed.

i can't remember if i've already posted in this thread i'd vote for under the hammer as best pub by far.

I've been looking to get back into pub quiz action. Where's good?

Im not in Aberdeen anymore but i used to do the drummonds quiz (any chat about regulars/staff cheating is rubbish!!! we all took that shit seriously) and the Belmont cinema one coz im a film geek (our team was more 4-5 out of ten per round tho, there were some turbo-geeks there who used to rinse everyone)

A couple of times I did the one at the pub on the green. Can't remember the name of the place, something to do with a king i think. It was really good but only once a fortnight. A good level and a fair mix of questions and also had a bonus dart throwing round where someone got picked out a hat and had to get a certain score to win cash. Also, free pies and sausage rolls were passed round mid quiz.

I'm pretty sure there's another thread somewhere about good quizzes.

And it should have a jukebox.

no no no, one of the reason's pow is so good is because it dosen't have a jukie. not everyone wants to go into a pub and listen to soft rock/chart pish, some folk like having a quiet chat and a sup!

under the hammer is the best bar in town, pity its so wee.

like queen vic, ma's and siberia also.

need to give cellar 35 a bash, what's it like inside?

karl kennedy dig's the noose and monkey apparently, is that any good?

no no no, one of the reason's pow is so good is because it dosen't have a jukie. not everyone wants to go into a pub and listen to soft rock/chart pish, some folk like having a quiet chat and a sup!

under the hammer is the best bar in town, pity its so wee.

like queen vic, ma's and siberia also.

need to give cellar 35 a bash, what's it like inside?

karl kennedy dig's the noose and monkey apparently, is that any good?

Karl Kennedy is an Underkills fan, fact....

Well, he watched us, leaning on the barrier right at the front when we supported Dodgy @ Moshulu, I don't actually know if he liked us or not :)

Noose & Monkey is a fine drinking establishment :up:

If I'm on campus and just wanting a drink as opposed to food, it's the Machar bar everytime. Some great banter to be had when they're showing football!

Otherwise if I'm in town I'd rather go to The Moorings over most places, but I also like Ma Camerons, The Howff and Under the Hammer. The Globe's not bad either, when it's not rammed.

If I'm on campus and just wanting a drink as opposed to food, it's the Machar bar everytime. Some great banter to be had when they're showing football!

Otherwise if I'm in town I'd rather go to The Moorings over most places, but I also like Ma Camerons, The Howff and Under the Hammer. The Globe's not bad either, when it's not rammed.

I'd forgotten about the Machar - used to go there after playing footy - it's a cool wee pub :up: