aberdeen-music

Drinking establishments?

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll second the Thunderton too - hope to spend the night there on Christmas Eve and not in one of the awful chain pubs that Elgin is full of now.

I make a point of not going to the Wheatherspoons, Foundry or the other one. I still remember those buildings as being a bike shop, fruit shop and Parrot Pine.

Plenty of bikes still get ridden in 'spoons I bet :up:

Thunderton then Doomtoon for me on xmas eve :love:

Has anyone braved the 524 "Cocktail Lounge" on George Street?
Fucking right. Place is amazing.

Some notable quotes from our first venture there...

"A pint of tennents please."

"Sorry, we dinna dee pints of tennents."

"Eh? No Tennents in a Scottish pub?"

"Aye, we've got tinnies!"

Yas.

Also an excuse list behind the bar for if your other half phones wondering where you are, with prices you need to pay the bar staff depending on which you want to use. Top 2 are 1 for "FAAAAAAAAAAAAA?" and 1.50 for "Joined the foreign legion." Also the cheapest pool table in town.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Also an excuse list behind the abr for if your other half phones wondering where you are, with prices you need to pay the abr staff for which you want to use. Top 2 are 1 for "FAAAAAAAAAAAAA?" and 1.50 for "Joined the foreign legion." Also the cheapest pool table in town.

Haha - genius :up:

Has anyone braved the 524 "Cocktail Lounge" on George Street?

Not for rather a long time!

Last time I was in there, I was lugging for a pal's gig upstairs & that was an experience. At least we got a few free drinks & an open invitation invitation to go-down on a lady customer who had taken a fancy to Gary's perm! o_O

Guest treader.
Not for rather a long time!

Last time I was in there, I was lugging for a pal's gig upstairs & that was an experience. At least we got a few free drinks & an open invitation invitation to go-down on a lady customer who had taken a fancy to Gary's perm! o_O

Perms? GIVING oral sex? must be the 70s

As for pubs, I don't really have a local anymore as I now only occasionally drink. Places I'm in most often tend to be pubs where I'm going to something &/or you don't get treated like a freak for just having a soft drink/coffee.

Which would include: Vodka Bar, Tunnels, Fusion, Revolution & The Moorings. Other places on an as & when basis.

I make a point of not going to the Wheatherspoons, Foundry or the other one. I still remember those buildings as being a bike shop, fruit shop and Parrot Pine.

Plenty of bikes still get ridden in 'spoons I bet :up:

Thunderton then Doomtoon for me on xmas eve :love:

Aye, I remember those too.

...and, yeah, it's almost mandatory to end up in Downtown on the 24th Dec...even though it's always horrible! The curfew rules are ridiculous too - having to spend an hour or so in that Plus place before you can get in if you're late. Seriously, someone needs to rethink that.

Good Thread.

There's a lot of places in Aberdeen which I am sad to say that I have never visited.

I lived pretty central so my locals were the Moorings, Ma Camerons, Drummonds and the St Machar bar when on campus. The Queen Vic was cool as was the Illicit Still, Archies, The Titled Wig and Blackfriars.

Such a shame, there are no 'pub' pubs here in Yeosu. I miss a proper Guiness.

In Aberdeen I also liked the old style Wild Boar and O'Donnahughes.

Ollie

My locals are my locals...the Holburn Bar, the Adam Lounge and the Malt Mill. Also like the Prince, the Grill and Under the Hammer. Occasionally in Drummonds and Ma's (but liked Ma's better when it had a few small rooms, instead of the one big u-shaped one and the snug.)

Sometimes pop into O'Donoghue's on my way home from gigs, due to lateness of opening and availability of lavvies :up:

Such a shame, there are no 'pub' pubs here in Yeosu. I miss a proper Guiness.

None at all? Jesus...how are you coping? :p

The utter lack of local pubs here is driving me mad - yes, it's only 40p for a half litre of Tyskie in the shop in this block, but it's a pain that there's not a local pub here. Going to a shopping centre to drink beer just seems incredibly pathetic, even though it's the best choice without having to go to the centre of the city.