aberdeen-music

Drinking establishments?

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

What's your favourite in Aberdeen?

I was in The Grill last night, and noticed how much I like the place.....

Think my favourite in Aberdeen is probably Under the Hammer, which is the local for after work drinks

:cheers:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to really like the Queen Vic when I lived in Berryden, since then I haven't had a local that I've gone to out of habit and felt at home in.

Usually just end up in the Under The Hammer, Globe, Prince of Wales, Ma's or the Wild Boar. Under the hammer's probably my favourite of them but it's always packed at the weekend, the others are just pretty average to be honest.

Was in no10s recently and really liked it. Think I'll be going there a lot more from now on.

I frequent Filthy McNastys, The Hayloft, The Howff or the Tilted Wig if it's just a few quiet pints.

If it's a night out, Five, Revolution, Enigma, Wild Boar, Siberia etc.

Or of course the Moorings, a bar for all occasions :up:

I also spend a lot of time in Number 10, since it's right next to my work and a couple of my mates work there.

Filthy McNasty's is definitely my favourite though.

Guest treader.
Used to really like the Queen Vic when I lived in Berryden, since then I haven't had a local that I've gone to out of habit and felt at home in.

Usually just end up in the Under The Hammer, Globe, Prince of Wales, Ma's or the Wild Boar. Under the hammer's probably my favourite of them but it's always packed at the weekend, the others are just pretty average to be honest.

Was in no10s recently and really liked it. Think I'll be going there a lot more from now on.

The Queen Vic is fucking ace. It's basically my local now.

I frequent Filthy McNastys, The Hayloft, The Howff or the Tilted Wig if it's just a few quiet pints.

If it's a night out, Five, Revolution, Enigma, Wild Boar, Siberia etc.

Or of course the Moorings, a bar for all occasions :up:

I also spend a lot of time in Number 10, since it's right next to my work and a couple of my mates work there.

Filthy McNasty's is definitely my favourite though.

Should be my local pretty much right across from my flat! :D Dont' go tho, neighbours do!

Hmmm when i do make it to the pub, probably Wild Boar, Siberia, Globe (sometimes), Office

Don't really have a fave tho :(

I love the Queen Vic - for some reason, that's the Underkills local. Whenever we go for a post-practice pint, that's where we go.

I also really like Number 10 - Lucky - where do you work? I used to work next door to Number 10!

Guest treader.

I want Portals to be the "pub I always go to" but nobody else ever wants to go in with me! :(

Apparently it "looks pretty rough". Although how can someone judge that based on windows and a door.

actually got refused in the Hayloft lastnight which i thought was a bit much, and the Ferryhill Tavern....!

Whoops - think I got turfed the only time been in....vague recollections

treader. I want Portals to be the "pub I always go to" but nobody else ever wants to go in with me!

Apparently it "looks pretty rough". Although how can someone judge that based on windows and a door.

ha ha Portals, you can get a game down the back and a proper ballroom typedance with the old mannies in the bar...with out fail!

Should be my local pretty much right across from my flat! :D Dont' go tho, neighbours do!

It's the nearest pub to my flat, I'm usually in every Thursday night, but we ended up in the Moorings last night instead. I like the Hayloft, it's a great wee bar, good pints, good banter :up:

I also really like Number 10 - Lucky - where do you work? I used to work next door to Number 10!

Albyn Terrace, just across Prince Albert Street.

actually got refused in the Hayloft lastnight which i thought was a bit much, and the Ferryhill Tavern....!

Fuck me the Ferryhill Tavern is rough! Actually that's probably the closest pub to my flat (South Crown Street) but I've only braved it once, the Hayloft is a much safer option!

Fuck me the Ferryhill Tavern is rough! Actually that's probably the closest pub to my flat (South Crown Street) but I've only braved it once, the Hayloft is a much safer option!

I know i have lived down there for a while and have always wanted to brave it so last night was the night. The guy took one look at me and said "Nae tonight mate". Felt like saying well it won't be any other night my friend!!! Place always looks rough as fuck - remember l say the Gretna fans going in there last year b4 the game. All 6 of them!!

I know i have lived down there for a while and have always wanted to brave it so last night was the night. The guy took one look at me and said "Nae tonight mate". Felt like saying well it won't be any other night my friend!!! Place always looks rough as fuck - remember l say the Gretna fans going in there last year b4 the game. All 6 of them!!

How pished were you!?

Usually when I go to pubs, I'm not looking for a ballroom dance with old men.

Usually...

Well know you know where to go if you do decide ;)

It's the nearest pub to my flat, I'm usually in every Thursday night, but we ended up in the Moorings last night instead. I like the Hayloft, it's a great wee bar, good pints, good banter

We're practically neighbours! :up:

My local is the Fountain Bar in Woodsode, which i'll frequent for a game of darts every so often. You get some real dregs of society there, but there's never any hassle. It's also next door to a bookies, which adds to its usefulness and charm.

Not really got a regular pub in Abdn, but will go to POW, Moorings, Ma's and Tilted Wig more than the rest due to either great food, variety of drink or knowing barstaff.

The Thunderton in Elgin is where i've spent most of my pub going life, again for similar reasons mentioned above. Their soup and a main meal deal is legendary, and there's also a good pub quiz on a Sunday.

Got no favourites in Aberdeen really, not been here 4 years yet so still deciding. Depending who I am with I end up in all sorts of places though common ones are the Basement, Moorings, Slaines, The Grill, Frankensteins, Tunnels, Hogshead, The Office, Moshulu, Queen Vic, Malted Mill, Justice Mill, Twig etc

Always looking out for new experiences and quality pints. Have carried out the King Street challange on a few occasions as well which is always amusing.