aberdeen-music

Bran New Aberdeen HIPHOP Music Video

shyguyanddrs

There is absolutely nothing wrong with getting promotion up here started yourself . As I said I'll put you on at my next show which will hopefully be decent start. I think the main trick is to get your nights organised early, get the other acts you want to play with completely sorted and start getting a buzz about things as soon as possible. The more time you take in getting things organised and prepared in advance the smoother the night will run. A good example of how not to organise a gig was provided by the student radio at the last gig I played ... another story entirely.

Don't assume that the venue will do your promotions for you, something I've been guilty of in the past, so get on that as soon as you can. Choose a venue appropriate to the size of crowd you expect. Better to have a small venue packed than a larger venue half full in my opinion. Even if it is initially just your mates and some of their mates, best giving them as good an atmosphere as you can!

I'm a believer in talking to people you don't know about what you are doing musically and getting them interested... wouldn't underestimate this as a line of attack for increasing numbers over time. I wouldn't count the forum chat in that category but it is another useful way to let people know what you are doing. Problem is that it's easy to ignore a post and it can end up getting lost in the archives, can't beat speaking to people face to face!

I've just started getting into the organising side of things and although all this is easier said than done sometimes, and possibly sounds a little condescending, this is my approach to it.

Colin

Cheers guys,

This is a reminder that our albums out today!! Shy & DRS - 'Behind Closed Doors'

Its available in Aberdeen in OneUp on Belmont Street & Bruce Millars, Union Street

Hint, cheapest in OneUp for 8

But its available to download everywhere for about 4.99 including ShockHound, Napster, I-Tunes, EMusic etc

Hint, cheapest is AmazonMp3!! :L

"The best HipHop album of the quarter" HHI Magazine

I believe there is a song for everyone on this album, even if you are not a HipHop fan I promise you will @least agree & can relate to the lyrics! Some may even scar you for life :L

If anyones interested @all, your more than welcome @the release party this Saturday in the upstairs bit in Paramount from 8pm - 11.30pm

Although u might not get any sense out of me, ill be bleezing :D haha

Cheers guys,

If you get the album, let me know your feedback, it will be much appreciated,

Theres also another video to come next month,

Appreciate your help here,

Mark

front_cover3.jpg

YouTube - Shy & DRS - After The Sun

MySpace.com - Shy & DRS (NEW TRACKS UPLOADED) - The Granite City, UK - Hip Hop / Rap - www.myspace.com/shyguydrs

Welcome to the Official Awe RECORDS Website ... Representing Real Hip Hop

Cheers guys,

This is a reminder that our albums out today!! Shy & DRS - 'Behind Closed Doors'

Its available in Aberdeen in OneUp on Belmont Street & Bruce Millars, Union Street

Hint, cheapest in OneUp for 8

But its available to download everywhere for about 4.99 including ShockHound, Napster, I-Tunes, EMusic etc

Hint, cheapest is AmazonMp3!! :L

"The best HipHop album of the quarter" HHI Magazine

I believe there is a song for everyone on this album, even if you are not a HipHop fan I promise you will @least agree & can relate to the lyrics! Some may even scar you for life :L

If anyones interested @all, your more than welcome @the release party this Saturday in the upstairs bit in Paramount from 8pm - 11.30pm

Although u might not get any sense out of me, ill be bleezing :D haha

Cheers guys,

If you get the album, let me know your feedback, it will be much appreciated,

Theres also another video to come next month,

Appreciate your help here,

Mark

front_cover3.jpg

YouTube - Shy & DRS - After The Sun

MySpace.com - Shy & DRS (NEW TRACKS UPLOADED) - The Granite City, UK - Hip Hop / Rap - www.myspace.com/shyguydrs

I think I might actually buy this - supporting local acts trying to do something original and all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey this is just to say thank you to everyone who turned up 2 the release party on Saturday, it was a brill night & very successful.

Can't say I remember much but I did meet a lot of randoms there :D haha!

Shy & DRS are performing alongside No Soucis & Six Super Funk Machine on Friday the 23rd in Tunnel 2. Would be good to see you all there :D

The 2nd video & single is called 'Put The Knives Down' & is officially released on the Monday the 2nd of Febuary...

This is getting used for a Scottish Government ad, so keep you're eyes peeled for that :D

& Thank you for you're comments 'cranial mind' they are much appreciated.

If you havn't got the album yet, its stocked in Bruce Millars & OneUp in Aberdeen for about 8.

You can also download it for even cheaper from most popular download sites including Napster, I Tunes, AmazonMp3, ShockHound, eMusic...

If you get it, please give me a shout with feedback!

My e-mail is markscott17@hotmail.co.uk,

Cheers 4 the support guys,

Mark

front_cover3.jpg

Shy & DRS (NEW TRACKS UPLOADED) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

I intend to buy this the next time I'm in One Up - or I might go to Bruce Millers and buy it, since it's closer to where I work.

I do prefer buying CDs in One Up though! :up:

Wassssup,

Haha, yeah it must have been DRS who came in twice when the 'CD guy' wasn't in :L

Gave it a listen yet?

Or any1 bought it/downloaded it?

Its only 4.99 to download from AmazonMp3

Amazon.co.uk: Behind Closed Doors: MP3 Downloads: Shy & DRS

& also available on Napster, GroupieTunes, I-Tunes, AmieStreet, ShockHound, eMusic, Rhapsody, LaLa & More.

If not its available in OneUp & Fopp in Aberdeen ;)

The album, Behind Closed Doors has got 17 tracks on it & 3 Bonus tracks.

"Best HipHop album of the quarter" HHI Magazine

front_cover3.jpg

Sorry, i'm plugging to the max as its our only source of income @the mo! Not got a paid gig till March :(

& Yeah, just a reminder that SHY & DRS are performing alongside Kimy Reizeger, The Super Six Funk Machine, No Soucis & Taco & Q-BC in an Aberdeen HipHop/Funk night on Friday the 23rd in Tunnel 2 if any1s keen!!

Super_Six_23-01-09_copy.jpg

Shy & DRS (NEW TRACKS UPLOADED) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Also, just to let yous know our labels sorting out a revamp of our MySpace right now which sucks if you ask me because its too late :(

So its really old stuff up there in the meantime & theres no sneaky hints from the album, but our next single and music Video 'Put The Knives Down' is out on Monday the 2nd FeB...

Totally different song from the 1st single, After The Sun.

Any questions about gigs or anything else, just give me an email @ - markscott17@hotmail.co.uk

Or contact our label @ - info@awerecords.com

Cheers guys, the support up here is much appreciated.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

BRAN NEW Video/MySpace From Us.

Just 2 let u know we released a bran new single on Monday :D

Shy & DRS' 2nd single is entitled 'Put The Knives Down'

You can watch the Music Video here, which was filmed down in Sheffield -

YouTube - Shy & DRS - Put The Knives Down (Prod. Ekizel)

The track is totally different from the debut single (After The Sun) it is in my eyes an EXTREMELY important social message & needs 2 be heard!!

So please spread the word of this track & its message - PUT THE KNIVES DOWN

This is the follow up single/video to promote the album, Behind Closed Doors released on Awe Records:

The Album has 20 tracks & is available to buy, physically in Aberdeen for 8 in OneUp on Belmont Street Or Bruce Millars on Union Street...

& Also To Download From ALL Popular Download Sites Including I-Tunes, Napster, AmazonMp3, ShockHound, AmieStreet, LaLa, eMusic, GroupieTunes etc

front_cover3.jpg

Theres Also 4 NEW tracks are up on the new design MySpace (Designed by the same bloke who designed Leona Lewis' one!! Haha, Sorry 2 name drop)

Check it out here -

Shy & DRS on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Would appreciate you guys feedback on the new tracks/video/album .....

Cheers guys, Hope u like :D

Anyone wants2 get in touch, gimme an email @

markscott17@hotmail.co.uk

Mark

Also, Watch all Shy & DRS Videos @The YouTube Channel -

YouTube - Shy0017's Channel