aberdeen-music

Radios

DJ Jo-D

Not sure if this is the right section.....

What station do you listen to?

I have found my fave channel so far and didn't know it existed until about 2 weeks ago

Absolute Radio 105.8fm

Absolute Radio - Internet Radio, Music Videos, Concert Tickets & Competitions

It's got a no repeat policy through the day, so only plays songs once, an 80's hr and plays all sorts of music from pink floyd to Blur (which they are selling pre-sale tic for the London gig today)

Singing at me desk all day!

Not sure if this is the right section.....

What station do you listen to?

I have found my fave channel so far and didn't know it existed until about 2 weeks ago

Absolute Radio 105.8fm

Absolute Radio - Internet Radio, Music Videos, Concert Tickets & Competitions

It's got a no repeat policy through the day, so only plays songs once, an 80's hr and plays all sorts of music from pink floyd to Blur (which they are selling pre-sale tic for the London gig today)

Singing at me desk all day!

Used to be Virgin radio

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Hmmm - I listen mostly to Radio 1. Greg James in the morning en route to work is pretty good. I occasionally get some Chris Moyles who I think is hilarious, but I'm normally too early for that. Scott Mills on the way home is quite funny. The worst thing about Radio 1 is the crap music though - I think the DJs are really entertaining, but they have to play crap off the playlist, which is about 75% shit. I sometimes flick to Northsound, but that's normally too advert-tastic, and Original which is actually quite good. Andrew Learmonth on a Sunday is really good. But more often than not, I find myslef just hitting play on whatever CD is in the car cos I can't bear to listen to Pink, again.

Zane Lowe's show is normally brilliant. The DJ battles he has are ace!! :up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Radio Scotland's "Open All Mics" on a Saturday afternoon, essential.

Don't bother with anything else on the radio, if I want to hear music I like I'll play some stuff from the collection.

:up:

I hate Chris Moyles. i'll happily admit I'm an old wifey who likes nothing better than listening to Sarah Kennedy followed by Terry Wogan in the mornings with my cuppa before heading into Uni.

Throughout the day I just stick on my last.fm library radio thing.

Despite doing a show for the student radio, I only listen to a couple of other shows on there because most daytimes it's stuck on autopilot or just plays off the computer playlist.

Our office used to pump out MOJO radio all day, which was phen-fucking-ominal, however, since they've stopped broadcasting we mostly listen to q radio (which seems to have muscled in on the MOJO territory).

Q's also quite good because, for a commercial radio, there's not a lot of talking / adverts and the news isn't on every 30 minutes.

Streamed from here: www.whatson.com

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
The G4 version.

:up:

Fortunately I've been spared that version, so have no idea how it sounds. I do now have the Buckley version in my head, which has to be a good thing, although in a crazy remix world, "Human" keeps cropping up.........

"Hallelujah, hallelujah. Hallelujah................are we human, or are we dancer........... hallelujah, yeah yeah" etc etc

Incidentally, did anyone hear Comedy Dave's parody? "Lamboona" Really quite funny :)