aberdeen-music

Woolies goes tits up

Lemonade

Muzak's going down!

Muzak Holdings, the US company known for providing background music in lifts, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

Muzak made the move after missing a $105m (74m) payment to creditors.

Documents filed with a US bankruptcy court showed that the company had liabilities in the range of $100m to $500m.

BBC NEWS | Business | Muzak firm files for bankruptcy

Bong! :D

One Up is a good shop, they have a great range of stuff, and a lot of obscure stuff, but I find it can be quite expensive. Though I guess you have to charge those prices to have such a huge range, with imports and stuff, so it's horses for courses really. Much as I do like to support local businesses, if I'm looking for some more mainstream stuff I'll always go CD shopping in HMV before One-Up since it's much more likely I'll find what I'm looking for at sale price, rather than paying upwards of 13 for a CD.

Cheers. I think one of the main reasons as to why the Bridge Street store closed was because there's no real point in having two stores in the same city. Especially in todays 'climate'. Mind you, I'm glad we're still open...for now.

So are they just closing one of the Aberdeen stores then? You're right though, there was never really much point in having two Jessops in Aberdeen.

You looking for something else?

So are they just closing one of the Aberdeen stores then? You're right though, there was never really much point in having two Jessops in Aberdeen.

You looking for something else?

Yeah we in Market Street are still open. I'm not sure if any of the staff will be transferred to us though. I feel sorry everyone who's losing their jobs due to the closures :down:

That's the Original Shoe Company and Qube stores closing now:

JJB Sports fashion stores are shut down with loss of 438 jobs | Business | guardian.co.uk

No surprise.

The Qube shoe shops closed in Glasgow a long time ago... Never quite saw the need for them, their 'cheap' shoes were always overpriced!! Tried to compete with the likes of Office and Schuh but never quite made it.

Shame about Jessops. The Bridge Street guys are good lads and I'm sad to hear that they may be losing their jobs.

I did think that having 2 stores within a couple of minutes walk was a bad idea. Certainly Jessops taking over Photo Factory was, IMHO, overstretching themselves.