aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Skybone

Bass & Drums for Old School Doom Metal Band - Aberdeen/Inverness Area

Greetings,

My family and I will be moving to the Inverness area in the New Year, but this means that I will have to leave my current doom metal band, just when we're starting to make a name for ourselves...

I'd like to get something up & running ASAP once we've moved and got settled, and don't mind travelling down to Aberdeen for the right band/people, though, I would prefer to be based closer to Inverness for more frequent rehearsals. I'm 39 and have kids, would prefer people with a bit more maturity, but who still want to rock out & write some new material.

Influences bit: Sabbath of course, St Vitus, The Obsessed/Spirit Caravan/The Hidden Hand, Celtic Frost, Candlemass, Trouble, Unorthodox, The Lamp of Thoth, Revelation, Warning, Winter, Electric Wizard, Hawkwind, Discharge, Amebix, etc, etc.

Bands I've shared bills with: Cathedral, Count Raven, Solstice, Mourn, Acrimony, Sleep, Penance, Warning, Pagan Altar, The Lamp of Thoth, Witchsorrow, Lazarus Blackstar, Gusto Mastivo, Unsilence, and quite a few others...

If you want to hear material, check out: Misericorde Myspace Page

Reviews of the first CD:

Hellride Music Review

Tinnitus Mag Review

The Sleeping Shaman Review

I may post some more links in the not too distant future, we've just done a second CD, which has been sent out for review.

Drums, current listening pleasure!!, QOTSA, Kyuss, Clutch, Cathedral, Discharge, Sabbath, Melvins, Butthole Surfers.., 38 yrs old, plenty of experience behind the kit!!