aberdeen-music

Toxic distortion - Aberdeens most know HAIR METAL band

SiXXX

well i wasnt slagging off your band or anything, im just saying its slightly typical of an Aberdeen band, theres no need to post something like that which is clearly taking a dig at me because im sticking up for Toxic Distortion. the fact is i don't even like them as a band, i just find it rather amusing how they can kick up such a big fuss and make everyone speak about them, therefore i respect them for doing such a good job of it. what they said in that bulletin on myspace was nothing but the truth, most of you on here say you hate them and dont care but yet you keep coming back and coming back for more and more. you could make a movie out of this band its that hilarious.

A movie? Steady on now. 3 posts and they've all been in here suggest to me that you've got something to do with them.

hahahahaha, not at all...I dont think i would want to be involved with them either, as they do sound like arrogant wankers most of the time. I simply made an account on here after seeing that bulletin they posted on myspace and found this rather amusing, so thought i would join in with the fun.

Would you prefer us if we removed the "The" and "s" from our name:

MySpace.com - Marionette - UK - Rock - www.myspace.com/marionetterock

No thanks, I'd rather keep my dignity

Btw how much have toxic distortion ripped off our almost namesakes??

If I was clever enough, I'd make a hilarious reference to your song 'You there with the Haircut', in some way comparing it to the haircuts sported by Toxic Distortion. Everyone would laugh and I'd get loads of rep points, swelling my burgeoning ego.

Curse my lack of imagination...

• Upvote 1

Guest idol_wild

Try harder to be witty at insulting people who are likely more than ten years younger than you are, you really fail quite miserably at it.

YEAH! EASY TARGETS! YEAH!

1/10 :down:

Cheer up for fuck sake.

And what the fuck does age have to do with anything? They posted a thread on here seeking attention and exposure, and probably feedback - they got it. Did they expect it all to be positive?

Wise up.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
the fact they have almost 6 pages of comments on here is pretty remarkable i don't think ive seen a more active forum on here before. well done Toxic Distortion!

Thanks for signing up 10 minutes ago and making that remark, I think you'll find that there are hundreds of threads on this forum which are tens of pages long, a fair amount of them over a hundred. So shut the fuck up.

PS 'negative reviews' on music forums based around North East scottish towns aren't earning Toxic Distortion a 'dangerous rep' or something, this isn't the fucking Bill Grundy show. Negative reviews on this forum, of which a lot of people who have played original live music in this town for many years (including some people who were doing a lot more creatively and professionally speaking with their music at age 16) are members, are basically just that. People thinking your band's shit or that the members look and act like clueless spotty children.

Actually back to Rise, come and see out "desperate cheeseyness" supporting Firebrand Super Rock (i.e. that band that metal hammer love and supported Slayer recently) in Moorings on December 20. Nothing like some cheap promotion haha.

I always thought of us as classic rock but who's gonna argue ;)

Congrats on going through btw!

"Desperately cheesy" wasn't an insult! I actually enjoyed your set at Drummonds and I'm going to come and see you again sometime fo shizzle. It's good to see a band doing something different, and actually trying to be entertaining on stage. Though I did think you played too many covers.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
hahahahaha, not at all...I dont think i would want to be involved with them either, as they do sound like arrogant wankers most of the time. I simply made an account on here after seeing that bulletin they posted on myspace and found this rather amusing, so thought i would join in with the fun.

You're in Toxic Distortion aren't you?

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Oh dear. If people are going to throw pissy-fits whenever their band gets a slamming, they really shouldn't be in a band in the first place.

Not going to bother giving them a listen, pretty sure it's not my thing and I'm not interested enough to find out. They might have changed my life, but I'll survive...

Not :up:

Oh dear. If people are going to throw pissy-fits whenever their band gets a slamming, they really shouldn't be in a band in the first place.

Not going to bother giving them a listen, pretty sure it's not my thing and I'm not interested enough to find out. They might have changed my life, but I'll survive...

Not :up:

ur just jelous because poeple can handle ur band but poeple cant handle thier band but some poeple can but most poeple cant.

• Upvote 2

On the subject of toxic distortion, it's a bit naive of them to think that they are getting slated in this thread because people can't handle them. As I'm assuming most people here are in their 20's, then I think they are fully capable of handling some folk in their mid-teens dressing like Nikki Sixx and Bret Michaels. I definitely can as glam is one of my favorite genres. It is even more naive of them to believe that any publicity is good publicity. It quite simply isn't when you are a local band and you are getting lots of bad press on a local band forum, all it is going to do is put people off from going to your gigs. I like the idea behind what they are doing (that is being a glam band) but, for me, they aren't that good yet and need to do a fair bit of work before embarking on this epic "US Tour" they seem to have planned.

• Upvote 1

i think the problem here is that people, and rightfully so, just find it annoying the balls on toxic distortion to make this post, start arguments, badly defend themselves, and have such an attitude towards their music. they're right enough: they are a unique band in town, offering something different... i don't know if thats a good or bad thing, but im just saying. seriously guys you should just enjoy your band, people are not saying you can't "make something of yourselves," if you have enough passion for your music, then of course you can, but it won't be in this band.

hopefully i don't sound too much of an arse

i think the problem here is that people, and rightfully so, just find it annoying the balls on toxic distortion to make this post, start arguments, badly defend themselves, and have such an attitude towards their music. they're right enough: they are a unique band in town, offering something different... i don't know if thats a good or bad thing, but im just saying. seriously guys you should just enjoy your band, people are not saying you can't "make something of yourselves," if you have enough passion for your music, then of course you can, but it won't be in this band.

hopefully i don't sound too much of an arse

Nah, I think that's pretty well put. If you're going to be in a band you need to be thick-skinned. Also, if you act arrogantly and then subsequently hit the sulk button the minute anyone says anything negative, of course you won't be taken seriously. As far as I'm concerned, naivety has a lot to do with it, but the fact is that the sooner you learn those lessons, the better.

People having a go at you is basically an occupational hazard. Suggesting that the reason people don't like you is because they "can't handle you" is fairly laughable. It's not like any of us went on to their MySpace and found them so awesome it had a detrimental effect on our motor skills.

For the record, I'm a fan of glam/classic rock etc. when it's handled correctly, and think that they probably are doing something different, which is to be commended. That said, I think that taking the attitude they have so far, they've shot themselves squarely in the foot.

then I think they are fully capable of handling some folk in their mid-teens dressing like Nikki Sixx and Bret Michaels.

That maybe true.........

Kev the big question is though

Will they also follow the trends of Nikki Sixx and be doped up on Herion and every other drug under the sun and start drinking 24/7?!

Or am just playing the sterotype of Nikki Sixx?

:laughing: