aberdeen-music

Toxic distortion - Aberdeens most know HAIR METAL band

SiXXX

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Aberdeens most know HAIR METAL band

What a fucking idiotic thing to say. Apart from the fact that it means fuck all because it isn't a coherent sentence, the closest similar statement that I can think of in the English language implies that of all of the bands in Aberdeen's thriving 'HAIR METAL' scene, they are the best known. The only other one I can think of is Estrella, and they certainly have more presence (mostly through piss taking threads on this forum, of course). Casket Records has no presence on the internet, and discogs doesn't recognise it as a label. Have a look at their upcoming tour dates:

2 Aug 2009 20:00

*USA SHOWS 09* New York

3 Aug 2009 20:00

Venue TBC New York, New York

4 Aug 2009 20:00

6 Aug 2009 20:00

Venue TBC Los Angeles, California

7 Aug 2009 20:00

8 Aug 2009 20:00

9 Aug 2009 20:00

10 Aug 2009 20:00

This is a load of bullshit made up by rich, spotty tosser teenagers. This 'tour' looks like a posh family holiday to America that has been sabotaged by little RIKKI ROTTEN or whatever who refused to come unless daddy let the whole band come too (only if he promises to tidy his room though). What label would pay for a 3 night and 5 night tour respectively of two American cities, when not only has nobody ever heard of them in the UK, nobody outside of Cults academy has heard of them in Aberdeen either, in contrast to their bold claim to be the 'most know'.

Even more importantly, why would anyone try to market this abominable shit? Labels have to make money you know, and nobody with anything remotely resembling a good head for business would spend a penny on these brats. Guns N Roses themselves are a painful joke these days (not that I ever liked them to begin with) so who do these chubby imposters think they're kidding?

• Upvote 4

What a fucking idiotic thing to say. Apart from the fact that it means fuck all because it isn't a coherent sentence, the closest similar statement that I can think of in the English language implies that of all of the bands in Aberdeen's thriving 'HAIR METAL' scene, they are the best known. The only other one I can think of is Estrella, and they certainly have more presence (mostly through piss taking threads on this forum, of course). Casket Records has no presence on the internet, and discogs doesn't recognise it as a label. Have a look at their upcoming tour dates:

2 Aug 2009 20:00

*USA SHOWS 09* New York

3 Aug 2009 20:00

4 Aug 2009 20:00

6 Aug 2009 20:00

7 Aug 2009 20:00

8 Aug 2009 20:00

9 Aug 2009 20:00

10 Aug 2009 20:00

This is a load of bullshit made up by rich, spotty tosser teenagers. This 'tour' looks like a posh family holiday to America that has been sabotaged by little RIKKI ROTTEN or whatever who refused to come unless daddy let the whole band come too (only if he promises to tidy his room though). What label would pay for a 3 night and 5 night tour respectively of two American cities, when not only has nobody ever heard of them in the UK, nobody outside of Cults academy has heard of them in Aberdeen either, in contrast to their bold claim to be the 'most know'.

Even more importantly, why would anyone try to market this abominable shit? Labels have to make money you know, and nobody with anything remotely resembling a good head for business would spend a penny on these brats. Guns N Roses themselves are a painful joke these days (not that I ever liked them to begin with) so who do these chubby imposters think they're kidding?

Feel strongly about this then? One of the best rants i have read in a while...!!

Guest Tam o' Shantie
The drummer doesn't look very glam either.

Did no-one tell him it was dress up day?

I would join in with the jibing here, but 15 or not, he could probably pummel my face in so I'll just sign off by saying that he seems like a really good guy.

Casket Records has no presence on the internet, and discogs doesn't recognise it as a label. Have a look at their upcoming tour dates:

Actually, Casket records do get all their albums in shops nationwide.

Although it's not really being signed as such because they charge you a fortune and put out your CDin the shops, rather than fund you on merit of your ability. I'd imagine you also have to have a properly recorded album ready to put out before they even vaguely consider it being worth their while - unless 1000 myspace plays and some imaginary US dates are now a massive incentive for Casket...

Their drummer, Fraser, is on youtube hardcore dancing hilariously to clearer the sky.

*sings* 'Coz tonite ahm gonna party like its Nine-teen-Eighty Nine'

and I should know.

Young dudes, fuck yer Towers of London (fake fucks), you need some Hanoi Rocks in your diet or you are doomed*. Well if you are a UK glam band you are doomed anyway. The thing is that dumbass glam is tremendous fun when you are young and stupid, thats when I liked it, but palls seriously when you hit 20, but hey, that gives you six(x)years to party in, that might be enough.

*And some Sea Hags, Vain and Rock City Angels, maybe some Ratt for a laugh.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
fuck off

Just noticed that you not only used their instead of they're, you fucking misspelled their! And watch your language young man, if you want to swear like a secondary school boy you've got to nail that primary school education first.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Actually, Casket records do get all their albums in shops nationwide.

Although it's not really being signed as such because they charge you a fortune and put out your CDin the shops, rather than fund you on merit of your ability. I'd imagine you also have to have a properly recorded album ready to put out before they even vaguely consider it being worth their while - unless 1000 myspace plays and some imaginary US dates are now a massive incentive for Casket...

Their drummer, Fraser, is on youtube hardcore dancing hilariously to clearer the sky.

My mistake. So it's like a service masquerading as a label? Is it like one of those great management companies that only charges 600 quid to put together a really great press pack and burn some professionally mastered CDs then shop it around all of the big dogs of the music biz? You might think that it's an extortionate fee but consider the financial benefits you'll reap once you make it big sort of thing?