aberdeen-music

Stuck in your head?

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Wizard 07 topped 08 for me. But it was still a cracking weekend. I was covering it for work though, so missed a lot for interviews etc. If I'm not "on duty" next year I'll make it a wee bit more of a celebration!

Stuck in my head today? That fucking Pink song. Curse you guys and the power of suggestion!

You gave us a splendiferous review for '07 :)

You gave us a splendiferous review for '07 :)

Ah yes, I remember!

Feel free to send more stuff to Waves by the way. Mark my name on it and they'll pass it straight to me. I'll give it a play on the Saturday/Sunday shows, plug the MySpace etc. I know it's not the most finger-on-the-pulse station in the world but I do my best :up:

At work, my colleague has just put on that godforsaken Alesha Dixon song. Suppose I'll be whistling that all day now...

Ah yes, I remember!

Feel free to send more stuff to Waves by the way. Mark my name on it and they'll pass it straight to me. I'll give it a play on the Saturday/Sunday shows, plug the MySpace etc. I know it's not the most finger-on-the-pulse station in the world but I do my best :up:

At work, my colleague has just put on that godforsaken Alesha Dixon song. Suppose I'll be whistling that all day now...

I'm not a fan of violence. But please, do go and kick your colleague in the face :popcorn:

Ah yes, I remember!

Aye, you gave us a good review too.. and now you ARE us!

Aye, you gave us a good review too.. and now you ARE us!

Afternoon Stich!

See, I wasn't going to mention that, but now, cover's blown! Haha. Funny how things work out.

But aye, I routinely play The Little Kicks and Kartta, amongst others, so suggestions are welcome in that regard.

The Buchanie's review of Wizard this year was abysmally written I thought. I agreed with some of it, but the rest of it was misguided, poorly-written drivel. I think they even got some of the band names wrong. Also, Parka "sounding like Oasis", is the sign of someone who didn't actually watch them.

Afternoon Stich!

See, I wasn't going to mention that, but now, cover's blown! Haha. Funny how things work out.

But aye, I routinely play The Little Kicks and Kartta, amongst others, so suggestions are welcome in that regard.

The Buchanie's review of Wizard this year was abysmally written I thought. I agreed with some of it, but the rest of it was misguided, poorly-written drivel. I think they even got some of the band names wrong. Also, Parka "sounding like Oasis", is the sign of someone who didn't actually watch them.

We got a good review in the paper as well. though they compared us to The Stone Roses which i thought was a bit of the mark.I dont mind the Stone Roses but i dont think we could be further from them! But it wasn't a bad write up.....really nice actually.

Afternoon Stich!

His review of The Underkills was great though...... He gave us 4/5, but he didn't actually seem to review our music as such. He spoke more about the crowd chanting "Who the fuck are Supergrass" etc. Also - he underestimated the amount of people in the tent at the start of our set. The tent was at capacity when we started, which I think was about 250, but he said there was about 100! The acoustic tent last year held 100, and this one was more than twice the size, I don't know what the official capacity was, but it was certainly at least 200. But, he gave us 4/5, so I was happy.

I'm going to send you our "new" CD, which I promised to send you about 10 months ago... :)

His review of The Underkills was great though...... He gave us 4/5, but he didn't actually seem to review our music as such. He spoke more about the crowd chanting "Who the fuck are Supergrass" etc. Also - he underestimated the amount of people in the tent at the start of our set. The tent was at capacity when we started, which I think was about 250, but he said there was about 100! The acoustic tent last year held 100, and this one was more than twice the size, I don't know what the official capacity was, but it was certainly at least 200. But, he gave us 4/5, so I was happy.

I'm going to send you our "new" CD, which I promised to send you about 10 months ago... :)

no way that tent was 250 it was fucking tiny!

no way that tent was 250 it was fucking tiny!

Honestly mate - the one last year was 100, and it was less than half the size!

Think about it logically - across the way, you could get at least 13/14 folk. There were far more than 10 rows of people when it was full.

The Wizard organiser's official line to me before the festival, was that it was at least double the size of last year's acoustic tent, which was 100 capacity!

Do it man, it'll definitely get a spin. We give most things we get a fair shake. :up:

If all else fails, it will be another frisbee to add to the collection...

Honestly mate - the one last year was 100, and it was less than half the size!

Think about it logically - across the way, you could get at least 13/14 folk. There were far more than 10 rows of people when it was full.

The Wizard organiser's official line to me before the festival, was that it was at least double the size of last year's acoustic tent, which was 100 capacity!

Looked Like Glasto from where i was standing...

At the moment it seems to be either....

If I had a hammer

I'd hammer in the morning

I'd hammer in the evening

All over this laaaaaaaand

I'd hammer out a danger

I'd hammer out a warning

I'd hammer out a love between

my brothers and my sisters

All over this land.....

(it's always a latino version of this song that my mate's mum had on a compilation called "Everybody Salsa" around 15 years ago)

or.....

What if God was one of us?

Just a slob like one of us,

Just a stranger on a bus,

trying to make his way home......

Who knows why these 2 songs stuck in my brain. A guy I work with used to hum the guitar intro to Brown Eyed Girl whilst considering a response to any question. Now he does some sort of thrash metal sounding shredding noise which comes with a sillier face but which I prefer.

A guy I work with used to hum the guitar intro to Brown Eyed Girl whilst considering a response to any question. Now he does some sort of thrash metal sounding shredding noise which comes with a sillier face but which I prefer.

For some reason, I find that sentence hilarious :laughing:

I now have the Ghostbusters theme stuck in my head, solely down to reading Lucky Rathen's post about Ghostbusters 3...

But that's cool because the Ghostbusters theme tune is awesome :-)