aberdeen-music

Stuck in your head?

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Guest treader.

The girl beside me at work ALWAYS FUCKING SINGS that "na na na na na na na na" bit from 'So What' by Pink and it gets stuck in my head immediately.

Either that, or "Here come the girrlllllllllllssss" which also rattles around my brain for a while.

Horrid.

Hot n Cold by Katy Perry is dangerously catchy, but it's also possibly the greatest pop song of the 21st Century. So all is well. :)

Yussssssssssssssss.

I've had the chorus from "Stop!" by Against Me! in my head for ages. Also, when I see it written down, that band sure do love punctuation.

That and the guitar bit from Life in Technicolor by Coldplay. My entire family must hate me right now.

The Pink song as well. I was on a stag do a few weeks back in Edinburgh, and between pubs, clubs, taxis, go-karting place etc etc we must have heard it about 20 times over the weekend. Which would be fine if it wasn't shit and possibly the most annoying song ever. I think she's attempting to take over the world with some sort of hypnotically catchy but shit song............ fast forward 5 years from now, and loads of little Pink clones will be walking about like robots, going "Na na na na na na." "Hail, thee Queen Rockstar, she doesn't care." "Na na na na na" etc etc

:swearing:

I want to go to heaven for the weather, but hell for the company

I want to go to heaven for the weather, but hell seems like fun to me....

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH - can't get that pish song out of my head today. Mike Skinner, fuck off!

haha...

now that is a good driving song!

I never have the entire song stuck in my head either - different bits at different times.

Sometimes it's the riff, sometimes it's bassline, sometimes it's the verse and other times its the bit "all they really want is mirrors, all they really want is mirrors etc etc"

Best song of Wizard 2008 for me :)

Although he must of been the drunkest man at wizard!

I have toy a room with a view in my head

Drunkest man at Wizard? No chance - there were far far drunker men (and women than him!)

Last year on the Friday night, I was officially the drunkest man at the Wizard, closely followed by our guitarist. We pitched the tent at about 1pm and proceeded to drink socially and forgot to eat etc. It wasn't pretty. I was so hungover the next day. I had my first beer at 5pm on Saturday, and struggled through it - it took me till about 5.50pm to finish, just in time for going onstage at 6pm - it did the trick, I felt brand new about 10 seconds before stepping on stage - cracking :up:

Drunkest man at Wizard? No chance - there were far far drunker men (and women than him!)

Last year on the Friday night, I was officially the drunkest man at the Wizard, closely followed by our guitarist. We pitched the tent at about 1pm and proceeded to drink socially and forgot to eat etc. It wasn't pretty. I was so hungover the next day. I had my first beer at 5pm on Saturday, and struggled through it - it took me till about 5.50pm to finish, just in time for going onstage at 6pm - it did the trick, I felt brand new about 10 seconds before stepping on stage - cracking :up:

Nae sure like...had been out since wed...though the sat morning "chats" sobered me up ;)

Getting drunk is not a competition.

Never said it was - just relaying the facts as they happened. Believe me, I wish I hadn't got that drunk...

I was far more sensible this year, although I did have to play on the Friday night this time, which curbed the Friday afternoon drinking.

The whole weekend was brilliant again this year. We had a magic singsong in the campsite on Friday night, joined by The Little Kicks and a few randoms. Some guy took my guitar and proceeded to sing the entire Shed Seven and Seahorses back catalogue, which seemed very strange. I spotted him onstage with Proud Mary on the Saturday - just hanging around at the back - still not sure who he was. Some other random from the Broch singing comedy tunes about his mates - he was actually very funny!

The Little Kicks dudes did some magic stuff, with an acoustic guitar, that drum box thing (can never remember what it's called - you sit on it, and kick it and slap it and stuff and it makes different "drum" noises) and a tambourine.

And the guitarist from Velvet Audio insisted that we sing him Plastic. Our singer wasn't there and it's capo'd 4th fret, so we improvised. Velvet Audio guitarist was the human capo, and I did the singing (surprisingly he still seemed to enjoy it - I'm a shite singer)

My gazebo collapsed in the wind on the Saturday night, which was fairly gutting, so the Saturday activities were brought to an early halt :(

All in all - magic weekend - can't wait for next year :)