aberdeen-music

Stuck in your head?

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Does anyone else constantly get one song stuck in their head the entire day?

Today it is Glasvegas - Go Square Go. Although I really like this song, it's starting to do my nut in today. I don't even think I've heard it today. It was on in the car last night, but I just had the radio on this morning, and even listened to my ipod on shuffle on the treadmill this morning, with no Glasvegas in sight.

Weird and annoying.

Sometimes I get some pish I heard on the radio stuck in my head, which is far worse :down:

When the Tencious D movie came out I could end up with the song from the showdown with the Devil stuck in my head for about a week. It was usually after hearing it drunkenly on a Friday, and it'd just get out of my head on Thurs and then I'd hear it on Fri again.

"I'm the Devil, I love metal!"

Good times.

EDIT: How annoying is it getting a song stuck in your head and you only know the first line of the chorus, so you constantly keep singing that one line and that's all you can do?

Today I have 'Blood Brothers of the Big Black Bear' by Last Crack in my brain, unfortunately it is too obscure to easily buy, but I'll pay whatever ridiculous amount I need to next year.

As for Pick of Destiny getting stuck in your head, all I can say to that is; "Rockin' and Fuckin Rollin', and Fuckin Rockin'..." repeat to infinity.

On a related note, what songs do you colleague sing/hum/whistle?

One of my colleagues ALWAYS goes into 'show me the way to amarillo'....

Several times a day this song gets jammed in my head. Thank god I'm leaving.

My colleague doesn't hum or sing, just does says weird things - his chat is terrible sometimes. He has very weird ringtones too...

There's a guy that comes into the gym (Cannon's) and sings along with every song that they play over the tannoy system. Incidentally, does anyone go to Cannon's? Where the heck do they get their music from? It's about 97% shit.

Bigsby - Mr Rock 'n' Roll is on of my "guilty pleasures" as Zane Lowe would put it... :O

I got to Cannons and yeah, the music is poor. If I hear Alisha Dixon in there again I'm going to kick a treadmill in protest. Last time I was in I was actually mega relieved to hear "Dance wit me" by Dizzee Rascal - which I incidentally don't mind. I usually bring headphones and watch whatever travesty I can find on the TV.

Speaking of Dixon "The boy does nothing" gets jammed into head. I hate it and her singing voice is irritating as all shit.

"He doesn't wash up He doesn't clean up." Gah!!!

That song is shitter than a really shitty thing

And thanks - that song is now in my head, and may not go away for a while...

Surely "Brush up/He never brushes up" is the worst offender as it doesn't fit properly.

It's just all horribly shit. The bit where she sort of squeals "he does nothing, the boy does nothing" has me on the verge of putting my foot through my car stereo.

instead I just change to CD or change station as attempting to put my foot through the stereo whilst driving is almost as stupid as her lyrics

I have a variant of it jammed in my head... my version goes,

"Ooooooooh, my sexy on fire!"

I have singing it round my house last night. I also only know one line.

And you don't even know it properly ;)

I just googled Sex on Fire lyrics, and it all makes perfect sense when you read them!

The chorus for example:

You, You're sex is on fire

Consumed with what's to transpire

I just googled Sex on Fire lyrics, and it all makes perfect sense when you read them!

The chorus for example:

You, You're sex is on fire

Consumed with what's to transpire

However Caleb admitted his singing in other songs is slightly muffled cause he was embarrassed because his lyrics were so bad.

Not knocking the KOL as of course they are my fav band but some of his lyrics aren't the sharpest. Sex On Fire is a tune though. Althoguh still don't think it touches there first album.