aberdeen-music

Blur Re-Form

-matthEw-

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

This is a band on my list of "must see live before I die"

Didn't think it was ever going to happen - hopefully they play Scotland other than T in the Park because I can't make it next year :up:

I have always had a soft spot for Blur. I'm not entirely sure how this will pan out as some of their latter stuff was a bit suspect. They have some awesome albums early on in their career though. I await the opportunity to hear something new if they do record again but i'll be damned if i'll pay the inevitably ridiculous prices for tickets to see them live. Very interesting, though not totally unsurprising.

I always found that Blur vs Oasis chart battle situation quite amusing since the songs in question, 'Country House' and 'Roll With It', were probably both bands worst efforts at that point.

I think the passing of time has shown that Damon Albarn is infinitely more talented than Noel Gallagher will ever be.

'13' was the album Blur were touting at the time of that T in the Park appearance, although I liked teh album I found the set rather crap, it certainly wasn't an album that lent itself to that forum and sound quality, it was just a muddy mess....I imagine a lot of people who went out and bought '13' on the strength of 'Tender' were mighty pissed off.

This is a band on my list of "must see live before I die"

Didn't think it was ever going to happen - hopefully they play Scotland other than T in the Park because I can't make it next year :up:

I've seen them :)

I was a HUGE Blur fan back in the 90s. Though everything after the Great Escape is rubbish. Think Tank is almost unlistenable, I think Damon forgot that the reason everyone liked them is because they wrote great, catchy pop songs. He disappeared up his own arse eventually.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
i used to hate blur with a passion then when 13 came out i really liked it and the material afterwards. In my eyes, singles like music is my radar and no distance left to run are without doubt two of the criminally underrated singles of the past decade

No Distance Left To Run is one of my favourite Blur tunes. I'd actually forgotten about it completely until it was mentioned in their Zane Lowe interview the other night. It's quite beautiful :love: