aberdeen-music

nit picking

Norseman

After my short rant on Star Wars - The Phantom Menace I thought I would start a thread on nit picking. What films or TV shows make your blood boil with blatantly stupid actions, plot points or techno gabbery.

For starters I will kick off with the A-Team, how can seasoned vets miss so much with the amount of firepower they lay down and also the bad guys seem to blast away with everything under the sun and never manage to hit that huge big van! The single worst time was when BA was shot in the leg by a 50 cal heavy machine gun and there was a wee bullet hole, whatttttt! This should have torn his leg clean off!

After my short rant on Star Wars - The Phantom Menace I thought I would start a thread on nit picking. What films or TV shows make your blood boil with blatantly stupid actions, plot points or techno gabbery.

For starters I will kick off with the A-Team, how can seasoned vets miss so much with the amount of firepower they lay down and also the bad guys seem to blast away with everything under the sun and never manage to hit that huge big van! The single worst time was when BA was shot in the leg by a 50 cal heavy machine gun and there was a wee bullet hole, whatttttt! This should have torn his leg clean off!

But did it bother you (and I'm presuming here that you are old enough) at the time??? It didn't seem to bother me

what about Colombo and his routine catch the baddie in the same way ever single one!! Again it didn't bother me as a youngster but surely more mature people watching must of been put off.....The Mentalist is like that two, the kooky guy always has some eccentric way of catching the baddie.....never plain evidence.....

In Swingers, right after having the conversation with his answering machine, Mike's answering machine then disappears from the table. Every time I watch that film I want to shoot the continuity editor in the face now.

More recently, Heroes for the last week or so seems to have been experiencing the longest solar eclipse in the history of the universe. Seriously, while it has been improving week on week (especially considering how bad some of series 2 was) there is still the distinct feel that they're making this shit up as they go along.

But did it bother you (and I'm presuming here that you are old enough) at the time??? It didn't seem to bother me

It bothered me hugely at the time, I was always a nitpicker. I do switch my brain off and enjoy daft films and tv but deep down the nit picking goes on and just don't get me started on Airwolf, Topgun or any other military film with quickly repainted 1960 era American F-5 Freedom Fighters acting as state of the art Migs etc.

Also, Independence Day, since when was the F-18 Hornet the only aircraft in American Military service (and in real life isn't even used by the American Airforce, only for carrier based ops with the Navy and Marines). Also, why wait until visual distance to launch AMRAAM missiles at the baddies, against static big targets they are good for 40+ miles range. Why didn't the bad guys use the uber death beams from orbit? Why would a small tactical nuke completely disintegrate a 250 mile long ship, should have been just a bit of a scratch (comparitively) with some local sealed off areas.

It bothered me hugely at the time, I was always a nitpicker. I do switch my brain off and enjoy daft films and tv but deep down the nit picking goes on and just don't get me started on Airwolf, Topgun or any other military film with quickly repainted 1960 era American F-5 Freedom Fighters acting as state of the art Migs etc.

Also, Independence Day, since when was the F-18 Hornet the only aircraft in American Military service (and in real life isn't even used by the American Airforce, only for carrier based ops with the Navy and Marines). Also, why wait until visual distance to launch AMRAAM missiles at the baddies, against static big targets they are good for 40+ miles range. Why didn't the bad guys use the uber death beams from orbit? Why would a small tactical nuke completely disintegrate a 250 mile long ship, should have been just a bit of a scratch (comparitively) with some local sealed off areas.

ha ha you sound like you know faaaaaaar too much about these in real life to watch a tv prog with them in lol!!

In prison break when he gets his tattoo's lasered off....How quick and How painless they make it look! I suppose they had to do it to get on with the rest of the program...but there is quite a lot in the first few episodes...but hey you have to just take it as norm

ha ha you sound like you know faaaaaaar too much about these in real life to watch a tv prog with them in lol!!

In prison break when he gets his tattoo's lasered off....How quick and How painless they make it look! I suppose they had to do it to get on with the rest of the program...but there is quite a lot in the first few episodes...but hey you have to just take it as norm

I am probably waaaaay to sad to watch these shows as I just get to annoyed. :0)

Does it not take multiple sessions and ages to get tats lasered off? (unless going for the "let's set the laser to uber power setting and take the flesh off")

oh general movie/tv when people are in hospitals and use their phones......grrrrr OR don't say bye double grrrrrr (sounding like tony the tiger here)

I've always used my phone in hospitals, everybody knows its a scam so they can charge extortionate amounts for calls through their patientline thing.

But not saying bye is annoying.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

kip's nachos in napoleon dynamite go from having no cheese on them , to having like a kilo of grated cheese on them, to having a little cheese on them, to having none again. or something. but they do.

I am probably waaaaay to sad to watch these shows as I just get to annoyed. :0)

Does it not take multiple sessions and ages to get tats lasered off? (unless going for the "let's set the laser to uber power setting and take the flesh off")

A girl here at work is getting one done over the last 6mths and there is still wads of green and red in ti (albiet the hardest colours to come off) but she says it's painful as anything. My pals boyf is a removalist and piercer and put the laser up full blast to see if it's quicker.....nope but it's more painful.....I saw the photo's looks like apint bubbling gadders

It annoys me when people add milk to a cup of tea BEFORE they take out the teabag.

Not

I always do that, it's gotta be the right colour man!!!

It annoys me when people freak out when milk isn't added before water saying it burns the coffee....what about people who drink it black?

I'm feeling in a ranty kinda mood now lol!

i do know of someone who de-tatooed themselves with wire wool while I was at high school, now that looked painful. I imagine you would have to rub down very deep to get a tat out.

Why in films can the hero always knock out the guard on patrol with one punch yet later fights with more senior baddies become epic fistycuffs? Even the wee girlies seem to always knock out the guards with a wee powderpuff hit!!!!