aberdeen-music

Hogmany 2008/09 at the Castlegate

french_disko

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Be fair she probably is......but it would be warmer in the Tunnels. And probably less Neds - though it is one of our gigs so i'm not too sure haha!

No - she definitely isn't.

And there probably will be more neds at your gig (onstage at least) ;)

Something quite hot about Amy McDonald though....

oh come on we're not neds...just good looking guys.

There is nothing hot about her since she got engaged to Steve Fucking Lovell.

Aye - I was kidding.....

Not about Amy McDonald though. You'd love to wreck that home, admit it

Who's Keith Jack?

according to wikipedia... " Keith Jack (born March 2, 1988) was the runner-up on the BBC reality talent show Any Dream Will Do, which offered the chance to be the next West End Joseph for the hit musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice. He lost out to Lee Mead in the final on June 9, 2007."

I bet everyone's excited now.

according to wikipedia... " Keith Jack (born March 2, 1988) was the runner-up on the BBC reality talent show Any Dream Will Do, which offered the chance to be the next West End Joseph for the hit musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice. He lost out to Lee Mead in the final on June 9, 2007."

I bet everyone's excited now.

Haha - he didn't even win it!

I heard it was the Fratellis/Franz F (still not the best) but at least they have a few tunes that folk might know.

I never actually go down to it anyway...

Fair difference between Fratellis/Franz Ferdinand and Sandi Thom/Amy MacDonald....

To be fair, I'm assuming a lot of folk will take their kids down to this sort of thing, and it's probably better for the crowd to have young popstars like Sandi Thom/Amy MacDonald and some guy from the panto

Fair difference between Fratellis/Franz Ferdinand and Sandi Thom/Amy MacDonald....

To be fair, I'm assuming a lot of folk will take their kids down to this sort of thing, and it's probably better for the crowd to have young popstars like Sandi Thom/Amy MacDonald and some guy from the panto

There is a lot of families but the majority is 14/15 yr olds getting pissed cause they can't get in the clubs/ pubs. If they had the Fratellis with Amy Mcdonald (who they might have had b4 actually) it would probably be better.

Sandi Thom is a one hit wonder, I don't know why the hell she still gets work. I guess the fact that she's an SNP supporter and the council is partly run by the SNP may have helped, hmm.

In any case, when the council's coffers are empty and all sorts of good causes are having their funding cut, is it a good idea for the council to hold a big party?

Oh, and although I would, I'm sure you could see better looking girls than Amy MacDonald out in town every night of the week. Also I heard her on Off the Ball a while back and she has a thick Glaswegian accent, surely the biggest turn off known to man?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
she has a thick Glaswegian accent, surely the biggest turn off known to man?

Not in the slightest, you've obviously never had a Weegie bird mutter absolute filth in your lug.

BBBOOOIIINNNGGG!

:up:

Sandi Thom is a one hit wonder, I don't know why the hell she still gets work. I guess the fact that she's an SNP supporter and the council is partly run by the SNP may have helped, hmm.

As far as strange conspiracy theories go, that's a good one.

I imagine she's getting the gig because she's cheap and local. Amy MacDonald's probably just cheap.

Look at how late they've left the announcement, they were probably still deciding whether to even go ahead last week due to the lack of funds and just booked the first acts they could get for next to nothing.