aberdeen-music

Culturedeluxe's Top 50 Albums Of The Year

Richie

Wrongggggg.

Seventh Tree was one of the most genuinely original and exciting albums this year. After the fairly major success of Supernature they could have just kept peddling quirky disco-pop and cashing in off T4 on the Beach appearances and phone advert deals for at least another 2 albums. Instead they completely stopped the ship and released a really weird, chilling folk album with no dancefloor appeal whatsoever, that sounds like Kate Bush, Joanna Newsom and The Cocteau Twins all at the same time.

Completely agree, there is nothing better than a band switching direction like this and managing to make another great album. It is such a brave thing to do, and I think it can only be commended.

I feel exactly the same. It's definitely grown on me. It also got me to go back and listen to 'Plans' again, it's also grown on me. The albums compliment one another really nicely and there isnt a single duff track on Narrow Stairs.

Totally. Absolute gold.

By the way, did i totally pie you in the street a week or so ago? I'm terrible for recognising folks when walking in a grump :D