aberdeen-music

Darts

RossP

Guest Jake Wifebeater
have to agree with jake,

walton has been excellent

Until The Count handed his ass to him...

Hankey was a worthy winner, I have an irrational dislike for O'Shite so was chuffed to see Hankey win a terrific final.

Guest Bob Double Jack
ken, bloody thumping it was too! L A K E S I D E 2010 yes please

i was at the PDC quarters and semi finals at the Circus Tavern a few years back (i think it ended up a Manley / Taylor final, and Manley got humped 7-0) and I can categorically say it was by far the best new year I have ever had. Never been so drunk at a sporting event and still got served. what a fuckin hoot.

Its a pity they moved it to the Ally Pally, but I s'pose they've got to make more cash to pay the players.

I would recommend going to the darts to absolutely anyone.:up::up:

• 2 weeks later...
Just got my first 180! Yasssss!

Fucks sake, I've been playing for ages and still haven't hit a 180. I'm sick to death with the amount of 140's I've had, though.

Having said this, I've been relegated to the unbelievably shitty electronic boards that they have in pubs here. Highlight of my week was once hitting a treble 20 despite the dart being very firmly in the treble 1.

And don't get me started on it registering despite bouncing clean out.

Fucks sake, I've been playing for ages and still haven't hit a 180. I'm sick to death with the amount of 140's I've had, though.

I bought my own board about 3 weeks and have probably been practicing near 3 hours a day. I reckon i have had about 30 occasions where i had two darts in the treble before actually getting the 180.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Really? I find that quite hard to believe. More watched than cricket and boxing (i know that boxing has mostly switched to ITV now but still)? Got any figures to support that? I'm genuinely interested as the people who go on about darts on here seem to have latched onto it within the last year and Darts has never been a popular sport throughout most of my life, in fact it is usually something that gets derided as not actually being worthy of being called a sport.

I've never been interested in darts in my life, ever (a couple of years ago the PDC were staying at my hotel and I didn't recognise any of them, I had to ask a group of gentlemen which one of them was Phil Taylor because he had to sign for his room service). Anyway, I was round sitting with my girlfriend's grandad a couple months ago - he's retired and watches sport all day! - ended up sitting watching the darts with him and I actually got quite into it. It was much more exciting and tense than I thought it would be, though the big crowds of people cheering them on and the WWE style entrance music was a step too far IMO. I've started following it a little bit now and then but I don't have Sky so I don't get to see much.

Anyway I guess what I'm saying is try watching it, you might find yourself enjoying it.

• 3 weeks later...