aberdeen-music

Hitler

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine has/had a theory that 'Mein Kampf' was edited by the Jews to make it look worse on them.

We still mock him for this.

As far as books go, I'll be buying Ian Kershaw's 'Hitler' as soon as I get my discount card from work.

Did you know that after the publishers cut, profits from every copy sold go to a Jewish charity?

Well in the book im reading right now, there's a theory that he contracted syphilis as a young man.

Also as his dad beat him quite severely this could relate to possible psychopathy later in life.

Indeed,

Similar to most serial killers. The majority had some form of undetected head trauma.

David Berkowitz, Kenneth Bianchi, John Gacy, Carl Panzram, Arthur Shallcross, Henry Lee Lucas, Bobby Jo Long, Fred West, Randy Kraft, John Christie, Richard Speck, Gary Heidnik, Albert Fish, Dennis Rader...........

I take it that's what the line in the Sufjan Stevens song comes from

"His father was a drinker

And his mother cried in bed

Folding John Wayne's T-shirts

When the swingset hit his head "

Well, at least we're not this child...

Supermarket defends itself over Adolf Hitler cake - Yahoo! News

I find the whole Hitler/Nazi Germany/WW2 thing really fascinating. That was 99% of the reason as to why I went to Berlin a couple of years ago.

Who the hell thinks it's a good idea to call a kid Adolf HItler?!

Either way; I kind of want to read Mein Kampf, but, sadly, I have another five books that I am halfway through at the moment, and I'd probably just end up getting angry saying, 'WHAT?!' a lot and then end up throwing the book at the wall in a fit of rage.

Actually, apparently, up beside Inverness a while ago there was a bookshop and they suddenly got all these folk buying copies of Mein Kampf so the police thought this was a bit suspicious, looked into it and apparently they were some sort of neo-Nazi, white power group.

I take it that's what the line in the Sufjan Stevens song comes from

"His father was a drinker

And his mother cried in bed

Folding John Wayne's T-shirts

When the swingset hit his head "

Yep.

Hitler was a vegetarian, promoted wind power and used bio diesel.

He said "The German countryside must be preserved under all circumstances, for it is and has forever been the source of strength and greatness of our people."

I did a project a while back on nazi Germany and the environmental movement, quite interesting in a disturbing kind of way.

This is a good site about it:

Nazi Germany and Environment

I believe that Hitler's alleged vegetarianism is false. One of his favourites was Trout with butter sauce apparently.

It may well be. I think it is often said in the context of, isn't it ironic that he cared about animals but not humans. But caring about animals probably wasn't the reason he was vegetarian, if he was. With the other thing I mentioned, the drive wasn't environmental but in the national interest. Bio diesal and wind power were options open to Germany when oil was scarce domesticly. Food would have been in shortage too (i think?) so perhaps letting it be known that he was a vegetarian (even if he wasn't) might have been the seen as setting an example that others would follow to make food go further.

this is pish...what does this have to do with the post..... i'l post it anyway since i wrote it.

p.s i quite fancy trout and butter sauce now

According to 'The Book of General Ignorance' (from the QI researchers), Hitler wasn't a vegetarian: the myth comes from his doctor recommending a vegetarian diet to deal with 'chronic flatulance' o_O In addition to trout and butter sauce, the book adds Bavarian sausages, game pie and stuffed pigeon to his favourite dishes, citing his chef as the source.

According to 'The Book of General Ignorance' (from the QI researchers), Hitler wasn't a vegetarian: the myth comes from his doctor recommending a vegetarian diet to deal with 'chronic flatulance' .

It's because he believed in the 'Farterland'

When Reuben and I invade Brechin we will make it compulsory to have baked beans with every meal. Then we will start a Youth Organisation called 'Youth of the Wind'.

According to 'The Book of General Ignorance' (from the QI researchers), Hitler wasn't a vegetarian: the myth comes from his doctor recommending a vegetarian diet to deal with 'chronic flatulance' o_O In addition to trout and butter sauce, the book adds Bavarian sausages, game pie and stuffed pigeon to his favourite dishes, citing his chef as the source.

But doesn't eating rabbit food not encourage flatulence?