aberdeen-music

Hitler

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a touchy subject i'd guess. Can i ask what your interest in him is?

Really? He's one of the most studied men in history. I don't think it would be controversial? I'm not out for pro-Nazi material or anything.

The fact he wanted to take over the world.

How he got 42% of a nation to vote for what was a 6-strong party 10 years prior.

What made him viciously hate all other races.

The fact he was the single most important character in recent European history.

Was he mentally ill?

Details of a possible invasion of Britain.

etc...

The Rise And Fall Of The Third Reich by William L. Shirer is one I read as a youth. I recall it being quite good, maybe a little propagandist, but it's unlikely you'll find unbiased material on the man, I think.

Is there an actual requirement for me to state that I think he was a dick?

Do let me know.

Really? He's one of the most studied men in history. I don't think it would be controversial? I'm not out for pro-Nazi material or anything.

The fact he wanted to take over the world.

How he got 42% of a nation to vote for what was a 6-strong party 10 years prior.

What made him viciously hate all other races.

The fact he was the single most important character in recent European history.

Was he mentally ill?

Details of a possible invasion of Britain.

etc...

Certainly there is evidence that Mugabe is mentally ill because of Syphillis (sp)

Hitler, IMHO, was not much different. He had many health problems that could be related to the fact that his brain didn't work properly.

Certainly there is evidence that Mugabe is mentally ill because of Syphillis (sp)

Hitler, IMHO, was not much different. He had many health problems that could be related to the fact that his brain didn't work properly.

Well in the book im reading right now, there's a theory that he contracted syphilis as a young man.

Also as his dad beat him quite severely this could relate to possible psychopathy later in life.

That's rubbish.... 2 or 3 different Doctors who examined him said under oath that his equipment was normal....(Hasse, Brandt....) Fairly sure he had Parkinson's Disease though....just his bloody mind & actions were abnormal....

Surprised nobody has mentioned the book that Hitler wrote himself, "Mein Kampf".

This has been translated into English, and although I've never read it, I can imagine no more revealing a portrayal than the one written by the man himself.

He wrote it while in prison during the 1920s after his failed coup d'etat.

Reckon this would be quite an interesting, if repulsive, read.

Guest treader.
Surprised nobody has mentioned the book that Hitler wrote himself, "Mein Kampf".

This has been translated into English, and although I've never read it, I can imagine no more revealing a portrayal than the one written by the man himself.

He wrote it while in prison during the 1920s after his failed coup d'etat.

Reckon this would be quite an interesting, if repulsive, read.

I have read it. It's pretty much rambling from start to finish. He doesnt seem to actually say much. He goes from talking about Jewish people to talking about Boxing in a matter of a lines. It's nonsensical.

Still though...Hitler, eh?

If you were a doctor, would you go out and tell the world that Adolf Hitler wasn't a whole man? Come on. It's Adolf.

LOL.... theoretically, Teabags, I agree with you...... they probably wouldn't dare say anything unkind while he was alive, but they said this long after he was dead....

on the subject of Mein Kampf.... apart from his early years, which he glosses over a bit, and descriptions from his WWI service... it doesn't really give you a clear picture of WHO he was... its mainly his political ambitions and visions for Germany, put to paper.....

John Toland's book is by far the best I've ever read about Hitler....READ IT !... you'll agree.

: ))

BTW ... I Like your little video post..... Ha Ha Ha Ha !