aberdeen-music

Fat Hippy Xmas Party @ Cafe Drummonds

Guest idol_wild

The Marionettes are the only act I have any remote interest in seeing out of that lot, so I may pop down after my work's christmas meal. I may be steaming.

If I heckle, I don't apologise.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
My pal knows Si, so I'll be popping along with her to lend some support......feel v.ropey tho....facing booze will make or break me!!

Alcohol solves all of life's problems...

Guest idol_wild

This must have been the first night ever where the bands were on at the proposed times.

I got down around 22:45, expecting to catch The Marionettes but they literally strummed their last chord as I handed over my money.

Sigh.

Popped in for a pint after the bands had finished and there was all sorts of fighting on the dancefloor.

And I got to witness neds dancing to Rage Against the Machine.

eeek that musta happened after I left!

Liked the first band and the second last had some good tunes (not sure keen on them all tho).

Some random's strip or should I say more here's my pants and here's whats underneath was quite amusing during the last band :D

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

I was there on Friday, thought Fivefifteen's stripped down set was rather enjoyable. Also really enjoyed The Marionettes - first time I've seen them live - very good IMO.

Captain Face weren't my cup of tea really - liked a couple of the tunes in the middle, but didn't really do it for me.

Kids With Fireworks (I think that was their name? Standing in for The Confidantes), pretty much the same - not really my thing.

Elevation were quite good at what they did, but very very 90s. I was quite pished by that time, and I'm struggling to remember, but I think I was quite enjoying it towards the end. But equally, I might have been hating it.

Headed to Tunnels afterwards to discover (after paying our entry fee) that it was some sort of dance night, which didn't work too well for us, so then went to Club Tropicana, which is always shite but good at the same time :)

I

Headed to Tunnels afterwards to discover (after paying our entry fee) that it was some sort of dance night, which didn't work too well for us, so then went to Club Tropicana, which is always shite but good at the same time :)

yeah it was some hard dance (imo pish) which none of the 'big' dj's didn't show up - DOH!