aberdeen-music

Hans Gillhaus?

kingofdeon

What about a dishonourable mention for Ilian Kiriakov?

Held the club record for unpaid parking fines, apparently. Class act all the way.

Rachid Belabed anyone? If you can think of a better footballer-turned-Islamic fundamentalist nutcase then I'd like to hear about them.

Roberto Bisconti, Markus Heikkenen...Haraldur Igolfsson...

My Grandad always said that Zoltan Varga was the best player he ever saw for the dons.

I think he was only playing in Scotland because he had a temporary ban from playing in most of europe, although I can't remember why. Anyway as soon as the ban was over he moved to Ajax, was their replacement for Johann Cruyff I believe!

The only real standout for me is Zerouali, mainly for the excitement he brought at a pretty low period for the club. Heikkenen deserves a mention too. Unfortunately Gilhaus and the early 90's guys were jsut a couple of years too early for me.

My first memory of Van Der Ark was a game against Hearts at Pittodrie, he played like a total buffoon and scored a calamitous OG in, I think. a 3-0 defeat. Shortly after that I was at the Skol Cup final against the Huns, and when they brought him on I remember groaning (along with most of the other Dons fans) and fearing the worst. He turned in an awesome performance in the end and I saw Aberdeen lift a trophy for the first time. Turned into a bit of a legend after that, good guy too apparently.

But for sheer class, I still say Gilhaus. What a debut that was at Dunfermline. We paid something like 750 grand for him I think. Imagine.

On another note, what was the story with Belabed? Something about assaulting a journalist I seem to remember...

On another note, what was the story with Belabed? Something about assaulting a journalist I seem to remember...

Did Belabed not get kidnapped a few years back as well? o_O

Keeping tabs on the contract talks at ICT... Cowie will be gone either in January or June; Black has stated he wants to stay and loves it in Inverness, but turned down our first offer; Mike Fraser has also turned down the first offer, but he's the least worrying of the three, as Esson has proved a fantastic signing (still hurts to say that)

North Tonight have just said Brewster is close to signing a new deal... not sure how I feel about that.

Hopefully the 250k that Flybe have given us for another year sponsorship will go towards keeping the likes of Black :love:

Roberto Bisconti was absolutely brilliant until he tired of Aberdeen. I remember he put in a really good shift against Hertha Berlin at Todders.

THE single best performance I've ever seen by an Aberdeen player in that game. Not an exaggeration to say it was world class.

Although never quite as good again he was still a great player. I think it all broke down when negioating a new contract he had agreed most personal terms but wanted AFC to pay for putting his 2 kids to the French school in Skenesquare and he went totally berserk when we refused. Anyone else remember this or am I speaking arse?

Although never quite as good again he was still a great player. I think it all broke down when negioating a new contract he had agreed most personal terms but wanted AFC to pay for putting his 2 kids to the French school in Skenesquare and he went totally berserk when we refused. Anyone else remember this or am I speaking arse?

Aye, he wrecked the house he was living in too when he moved on.

A bit of a loose cannon.

Was a good player for us though.