aberdeen-music

Red Battle Finals @ Moshulu

Hey there

this thing isnt getting very well advertised so i just thought id give everyone the heads up!

The Aberdeen regional leg of the Red Battle has been awesome so far, and the Regionals finals are taking place on friday 12th december at Moshulu

21 bands entered the competition, and only 8 are left, only one band will go through on the 12th to the national final in liverpool, at the carling academy.

these 8 bands are

Ascension

Project Zero

The Switch

Dividing the silence

The Locals

Atik Star

The Aftermath

Emyrea

Ascension, Dividing the silence and The Locals have so far been the top 3 voted bands to win so far, so its gunna be an absolutely stonking gig on the 12th

bit expensive, 7 a ticket! which can be purchased from any of the bands playing if anyones up for going!!

just thought id pimp this out!

• 2 weeks later...

was a really good gig, i enjoyed it!

the top 3:

1: The locals - 3824

2: Ascension - 3569

3: Dividing the silence - 1982

I think we done pretty well though, considering we didnt put up any posters, and didnt bother selling any tickets.

wasnt in it to win anyawy, just glad there was a MASSIVE crowd and everyone seemed to enjoy it

Whee, another Emergenza!

edit : haha, this is excellent...

Unlike similar competitions, you DO NOT have to pay to register, however you will not be paid for playing the shows. Your motivation for selling tickets is to win, not to be paid.

Seriously, why do people bother playing such ripoff events? Those text votes that they offer are equally scammy - 50p a text, they'll be getting at least 30p from each text in pure profit.

The 'prizes' are equally hilarious.

Whee, another Emergenza!

edit : haha, this is excellent...

Seriously, why do people bother playing such ripoff events? Those text votes that they offer are equally scammy - 50p a text, they'll be getting at least 30p from each text in pure profit.

The 'prizes' are equally hilarious.

I saw YouTube - TAUBERTAL 2008 EMERGENZA FINAL and just couldn't help but share it. The guy at the start sums up every single event like these really.

haha yeah we realised it was a complete scam, hence why we intentionally did not promote the gigs very much at all, and didnt beg people to vote for us, although it was good that wads of folk still did, didnt make us look to lazy haha!!

and yeah the free beer and free food was bangin! we made such a mess of moshulus backstage dressing room, with crisps, vodka, beer, coke haha. the crisp fight was especially cool, we got to meet a LOT of other aberdeen bands who were sound as fuck and had loads of banter, and that was what it was all about at the end of the day, i actually said at the end of our set for people to vote for dividing the silence! lol i thought they deserved to win the most, they brought a true bunch of young fans, i could see they had the music in them, and not a crowd full of drunken neds shouting football chants...

but yes,big scam, we used it mainly as an excuse to play moshulu a few times to a mixed crowd, get our stuff heard, and im glad to say its been a positive experience all round, we lost nothing, and gained a lot....technically by playing their game loll. i feel sorry for the bands across the country who really really tried hard to win and think this will get them somewhere, when it clearly wont.

i urge everyone to read the red battle terms and conditions and no i wont pay for your new monitor when you spray tea all over it from your mouth when you burst out laughing

avoid these events at all costs id recomend overall though, waste of time, waste of money. waste of metal.

and yeah the free beer and free food was bangin! we made such a mess of moshulus backstage dressing room, with crisps, vodka, beer, coke haha. the crisp fight was especially cool,

Yeah, fucking hilarious. I bet the cleaners were pissing themselves laughing the next day and thanking whatever god they believe in for the chance to clear up the mess of local "rock gods" AND get paid minimum wage for the privilege

we made such a mess of moshulus backstage dressing room, with crisps, vodka, beer, coke haha. the crisp fight was especially cool

yeah, really cool.

especially for the unlucky staff who have to clean it up after you leave.

thanks for that.

im sure theyll be glad to read on here about the above.

fair play- moshulu isnt the nicest of venues and nobody shows it much respect at the best of times

and Im in a band, i know what its like - have fun, enoy the novelty of having a dressing room etc....

BUT

sorry, if i dont respond to this ill explode....

talk about making our jobs harder mate...

im just saying that it may seem like a cool thing to do at the time but next time remember someone has to clean that mess up.

i came in on the saturday and the place was a fucking state (even after a clean or two) which led to the next days gig running an hour late - i had to put off buying the rider to clean the backstage areas myself for an hour. So the band not only couldnt get into the dressing rooms upon arrival but didnt get any food until an hour after they were meant to coz i couldnt go and buy it in case they arrived while i was away and headed into the dressing rooms without them being cleaned.

Thus resulting in a pissed of Tour Manager (who was also the singer in the band) being off with me all day and the promoter (PCL - big glasgow promoter who gives us a lot of buisness) having to be told about it as im 100% sure the band will mention it on their return to Glasgow. Possibly affecting how much shows they send us in future / use the venue / get me to rep for them.

Ive worked a lot of shows and trust me the key is a good start, if you get off to a good start with the band - your sorted.Anything small that goes wrong after that you can deal with coz your in with them already.

Get off to a bad start and your fucked coz anything else little that goes wrong after that seems so much worse.

so yeah, really cool.

Get off to a bad start and your fucked coz anything else little that goes wrong after that seems so much worse.

...Like that kiddie band from Dundee that nicked loads of equipment from downstairs at drummonds. Some really valuable stuff too I remember.

They have never gotten another gig anywhere after!

While crisp fights aren't even nearly on the same level as that, that type of shit doesn't do you any favours.

...Like that kiddie band from Dundee that nicked loads of equipment from downstairs at drummonds. Some really valuable stuff too I remember.

They have never gotten another gig anywhere after!

While crisp fights aren't even nearly on the same level as that, that type of shit doesn't do you any favours.

yeah, i remember that, my guitar - which i got back, bobb lks cymbals - never seen again and heaps of other folks stuff - cunts.

i was actually referring to getting off to a bad start with the bands on a promoters side when doing a show - see if you get a rider in time and they are greeted nicely/ youve done your homework a little - easy street

coz later on when your 8 towels short or you cant let them have a guestlist of 30 theyll be cool about it because earlier in the day everything else has been fine and youve been sound with them.

different story if you get off on the bad foot coz theyre patience is thin already.

anyway, this thread and my post is not me saying said band wont play moshulu again or that im not letting anyone not play etc. fuck that.

I just meant some folks should be more aware as ian (hate it when hes right!) rightly pointed out that sometimes a bit of fun - like making a mess - isnt just that and that actions like that actually usually affect other people more than you think.

well i guess none of the like 4 or 5 bands involved thought about that at the time lol

when your drunk and hyper though, does anyone think about the cleaners in the morning? nit.

apologies for our drunken trail of doom.

least we didnt steal shit like that dundee band your on about, didnt hear about this, sounds fucking awful.

we'll have more respect next time ;)