aberdeen-music

Bring Back The Wasteland

The Humour sub-forum especially should go. It gives the impression that nothing humouress can be posted in the main-forum. I think the sub-forums should just be used to keep stuff that a sizable portion of people have literally no interest in. In the old Wasteland there would be a couple of football related topics near the top all the time, even though some contributers had a intense dislike of all things football, ergo, it makes sense to keep that in a sub-forum. Same with computer games I guess, very much a niche interest.

Movies and TVs though? Books? In my opinion those should be in the General Discussion forum. I think it would stimulate more discussion on both as people (well I do anyway) tend to just look at the Last Post thread in the sub-forums. And lets be honest, now that Stripey has gone, no-ones gonna turn their nose up at anyone discussing the latest blockbuster.

Guest treader.
I quite like it the way it is. The only thing I would suggest is the addition of a foodie forum. :love:

Sorry if I'm coming across as being too positive :p

It's what this place needs :up:

The Humour sub-forum especially should go. It gives the impression that nothing humouress can be posted in the main-forum. I think the sub-forums should just be used to keep stuff that a sizable portion of people have literally no interest in. In the old Wasteland there would be a couple of football related topics near the top all the time, even though some contributers had a intense dislike of all things football, ergo, it makes sense to keep that in a sub-forum. Same with computer games I guess, very much a niche interest.

Movies and TVs though? Books? In my opinion those should be in the General Discussion forum. I think it would stimulate more discussion on both as people (well I do anyway) tend to just look at the Last Post thread in the sub-forums. And lets be honest, now that Stripey has gone, no-ones gonna turn their nose up at anyone discussing the latest blockbuster.

I don't even use the sub-forums, I always click "New Posts" or "Today's Posts".