aberdeen-music

Tis' the Season to be FUnKy @ The Tunnels 2

FatHand

TUNNELS 2 - FRIDAY 5th DECEMBER - DOORS 7.30 - 4

Alright, just thought I'd start a thread on this. So the difinitive line up is:

Super Six Funk Machine

MySpace.com - Super Six Funk Machine - UK - www.myspace.com/supersixfunkmachine

No Soucis

MySpace.com - No Soucis - Aberdeen / Lyon, UK - Hip Hop / Experimental / Freestyle - www.myspace.com/nosoucis

Kimy Reizeger

MySpace.com - KimyReizeger - Aberdeen, UK - Electronica / Experimental / Jazz - www.myspace.com/kimyreizeger

Gutta P (Kuda and Friends)

MySpace.com - Double-Kay-Music - aberdeen, UK - Hip Hop / House - www.myspace.com/doublekaymusic

We have Reknology and Massive Throne DJing for us until you can't dance no more or the Tunnels closes.

Hope you can make it, it's going to be a great night :up:

Gutted I couldn't have gone last night. hope it went well Colin. Fuck knows you deserve it with the amount of work you put in.

Cheers bro! I was surprised not so much with the number of people who came along but more the atmosphere. Been a long time since I did a gig where everyone was jumping to some original music I've had a hand in writing.

I will definitely be organising another one of these shows, probably end of January, wait and see what dates are available.

To be honest I think there was a lot of time faffing about with no music playing, I think you were setting up the DJ things or something. Still, not ideal to there to be no music. Loved the night though, it was great to see so many different things going on.

To be honest I think there was a lot of time faffing about with no music playing, I think you were setting up the DJ things or something. Still, not ideal to there to be no music. Loved the night though, it was great to see so many different things going on.

Fair point. And glad you enjoyed it regardless!

I would say that the stage is not the biggest space to be set up in with all of the differnt things going on. Ideally I should have had a DJ set up to play between acts so good idea for next time. Sound guy was really sound but fairly new to the game so this didn't help with slickness either probably.

Plenty of nights out there for guitar bands and cover bands so we're going to cater for the alternative scene in music and DJs making and playing music in Aberdeen. So is there anybody that would like to play on our night? Got an electro band/hip hop/funk/folkfunk etc etc you get the idea. Fire me an PM/email if you want to get involved. I'm going to be proactive so you can do the same.

Cheers

Colin

Aye Colin great gig. Couldn't stick around after Super Six... finished but had to shoot the craw.

As for acts, was thinking that once I get this band of mine up and running in the next few months, your night may be the best place for old school duke ellington jazz, soul music and pop.

What d'you think?

D

Aye Colin great gig. Couldn't stick around after Super Six... finished but had to shoot the craw.

As for acts, was thinking that once I get this band of mine up and running in the next few months, your night may be the best place for old school duke ellington jazz, soul music and pop.

What d'you think?

D

Absolutely, exactly what I want. I'll get you hooked up with some different but complimentary bands. Kind of like what I did with that night (pretty much going to have the funk band on as hosts I think, great for partying to!)

Cheers for coming along man! Sorry I didn't chat was pretty busy trying to keep things under control.

Keep in touch