aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Lester Burnham

Mighty Boosh tickets for '09 tour

Has anyone actually recieved theirs yet? I ordered mine early this year (maybe around March/April), have been charged for them and have yet to recieve anything physical. The show is in roughly 6 weeks so I'm getting a little concerned.

Guest treader.

Nooooooo, I havent had mine yet. I dont expect anyone will until January?? At least that's what I'm expecting.

I don't have mine yet, but a friend at work does. I emailed and asked why and they said a small batch was sent out early "in error" and the rest will be sent out nearer the time.

Meh!

At the risk of putting a damper on things, I was at the Edinburgh gig a few months back, and it was shit. I say that as a huge fan of the first two series and as someone who was really looking forward to the gig. Shit. Bah.

In fact, the funniest thing that happened all night was the drunk teenager behind me shouting "shut it you fucking harridan" at the stupid woman doing the "watch me as I laugh hysterically just before every line to show you all I'm a REAL FAN" thing.

I was impressed he pulled "harridan" out of the bag as much as anything.

I completely forgot about this. I ordered 4 tickets when the pre-sale was announced on here and like most have yet to receive.

Must chase up moneys from the other 3 recipients of said tickets...

I checked online the other night and there was still tickets available. Not sure about going though.

To be honest, quite a lot of their stuff isn't really that funny and I could see their standup being pretty iffy.

Guest treader.

I reckon it might actually be shit. Which is annoying. But season 3 didnt fill me with hope.

I just want Bob Fossil to make that fucking weird pteradactyl noise again.

I've seen the live DVD and it's pretty good. I've always imagined that they'd be better live than on the TV tbh.

You might be right. I prefer to parts of the show where they take the piss out of each other as opposed to some of the more outlandish stuff.

You might be right. I prefer to parts of the show where they take the piss out of each other as opposed to some of the more outlandish stuff.

They started off as being live performers so I figure it'll be like going back to their roots. They've also confessed that they enjoy it more. Fingers crossed that it's a winning combination. The shows have also had pretty good reviews so far.

Guest treader.

There is a video of Noel Fielding playing to an American crowd from like 1998.

He starts talking about having weetabix for hands, and how it would hurt being touched by them unless someone had put milk on your hands to soften them.

The crowd are all just like "what the fuck".

In summary then, Americans are shit and don't find funny stuff funny.

I have had my tickets for about 6 months...long enough to forget all about The Boosh.

Sure it will be great though....

I find all Noel's early stuff really naff...and it hasn't gotten any better with age. Julian on the other hand, look up some of his early videos on youtube, he seemed a lot happier without Noel....(can you blame him?)

YouTube - Julian Barratt - Open Mic Awards, Edinburgh

YouTube - Julian Barratt - Gas

There is a video of Noel Fielding playing to an American crowd from like 1998.

He starts talking about having weetabix for hands, and how it would hurt being touched by them unless someone had put milk on your hands to soften them.

The crowd are all just like "what the fuck".

In summary then, Americans are shit and don't find funny stuff funny.

That's not funny.

I don't find The Mighty Boosh funny at all.

"Oooh look I'm being wacky and random"

Aye, ok.

I don't think I'm anywhere near as enthusiastic for this as I was when I bought the tickets.

Anyone needing 4 for the first night (the one that's sold out)?

I just want Bob Fossil to make that fucking weird pteradactyl noise again.

You're in for a treat this time. It's got a name now: the Screaming Ocelot.

If you bought pre-sale tickets, I'm presuming they were from Trinity Street who are pretty shit at getting the tickets out there, but they do in the end, usually closer to the event though. I got my ones for Edinburgh, Glasgow and the first night in Aberdeen from there. The Glasgow ones came about 3-4 weeks before the gig.

They'll turn up eventually.

The show itself is dividing people. I feel like a shameless fangirl in that I've seen it three times already. The first time was opening night in Edinburgh, which I enjoyed because it was obviously still pretty unfinished and it seemed anarchic and fun. Second time was in London and they'd changed a lot in the month and a bit since Edinburgh. It actually has a structure now. It's a variety show. The first half seems quite self-indulgent but still quite funny, but the second half I do love. It'll be interesting to see what everyone comes away thinking :)

Big envelope of tickets for AECC event arrived in Elgin this morning, so I breathed a sigh of relief that the Mighty Boosh tickets finally arrived...

...turned out it was tickets my wee sister ordered for XFactor :(