aberdeen-music

Edgar Prais - Single Launch Party @ Snafu

THURSDAY DECEMBER 11th.

Doors 9pm

EDGAR PRAIS

Plus Support

JACK BUTLER

ALTO ELITE

Single launch gig for local heroes at your usual Thursday nightspot /night to party at -

Three bands / DHC DJs - 3

what more could you ask for?

and if your savvy, free passes are from the usual places or PM me for glist.

Times and Full Details / blurbs to follow:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MySpace.com - Dirty Hearts Club - Aberdeen - Indie / Electro / Disco House - www.myspace.com/dirtyheartsclubsnafu

(DHC now booking for 2009 - Feb on wards)

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

What time will Edgar Prais be onstage? I have my Xmas dinner that night, but might make it down to see their set if we're finished up on time.

Cheers,

Calum

:up:

Guest idol_wild
What KC single? The one which goes on about Crisps for tea or something?

If so poor Edgar Prais...

I LOATHE the Kaiser Chiefs...

I'm not sure what it's called or what any of the lyrics are, but it's getting regular mainstream radio airplay just now.

I'm not meaning the comparison to be a diss in any way, just a sonic observation.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
around 11pm.

please note the mentioned supports have now changed.

new line up to be announced shortly.

Cheers Steven :up: will hopefully make this.

What KC single? The one which goes on about Crisps for tea or something?

If so poor Edgar Prais...

I LOATHE the Kaiser Chiefs...

I seriously doubt it - that was out ages ago, although I haven't heard a new single from KC since - but I don't think this one sounds like Edgar Prais. It's a shit song by a shit band, Edgar Prais are good :up:

Cripes Phil, I don't know how long it's been since you heard us, but I think it's safe to say that the Kaisers don't have much of an influence on our sound! Don't think I've heard their new single, but I'd be pretty surprised if there's much of a similarity. Clean out yer lugs!

Looking forward to this show. I always love playing the DHC, should be a humdinger!

Love from Christy

Guest idol_wild
Cripes Phil, I don't know how long it's been since you heard us, but I think it's safe to say that the Kaisers don't have much of an influence on our sound! Don't think I've heard their new single, but I'd be pretty surprised if there's much of a similarity. Clean out yer lugs!

It reminds me of Pop Song #93 or whatever the title of that song was.

I never suggested for a second Kaiser Chiefs influenced you in any way, just that I heard the new single and instantly thought back to Pop Song #93 (sic).

Guest idol_wild

Christ, I didn't mean to engage everyone in a discussion about the merits (or lack of) of Kaiser Chiefs.

What single are Edgar Prais releasing? How many tracks? What formats?

Christ, I didn't mean to engage everyone in a discussion about the merits (or lack of) of Kaiser Chiefs.

What single are Edgar Prais releasing? How many tracks? What formats?

It's the first I've heard about it being a single launch! Not to say that it's not, just that I'm clearly out the loop!

The next single is On Our Way Home b/w You & Me. It'll be available on CD, vinyl and download, just like the Pop Song one. But I don't think it'll be out this year, unless there's been a lot of discussion behind my sleeping back.

Aye, and Philip - if their new single sounds like Pop Song, shirley that means they're thieving copyist barstewards! I'm up for a lynching - who's with me?

Love from Christy

Guest idol_wild

Aye, and Philip - if their new single sounds like Pop Song, shirley that means they're thieving copyist barstewards! I'm up for a lynching - who's with me?

Well, that is how I phrased it initially ;)

And by the looks of it, many people here are truly up for a lynching of the Chiefs.

Guest idol_wild
you'll have to go through me first

long live the kaisers

I think most will happily go through you.

That said, I'm going nowhere near your pointy shoes. They can do some damage. ;)

I don't mind the Kaisers. Particularly nice fullas, playing the kind of music that disney do much for me either way. Put it this way - if it's them or the Kooks, I know who I'd attack first.

Having said all that, I only listen to Dylan, Waterboys and Nick Cave anyway...

Love from Christy