aberdeen-music

Biffy in Dunfermline

Metarie

Aye, what the hell is everybody doing in Dunfermline these days?

Either way, I found this place: Pitbauchlie House Hotel, Dunfermline | LateRooms. which looked pretty good. Laterooms'll show you some places and depending on how many folk you're going with it'll show you prices and that (plus, it's only about a half hour's walk from the venue).

Alternatively, (and this is what me and my friends are doing) is getting bus to Glasgow, bus to Dunfermline, seeing gig, getting 11:20pm night bus back to Glasgow, staying there and then getting bus back here. Mainly because getting to Dunfermline by train is a task and a half and we can stay in Glasgow for free. :O

ah, we're driving you see. Although going to Glasgow would have been a good plan. Is there actually anywhere to go after the gig in Dunfermline? I think it could turn into an early night which would be quite disappointing.

I went through to a gig in Dunfermline on a Tuesday and there was nothing opened. The only thing we found was the pub that we had dinner in!

Although, you just never know what gem of a place you might find!

Aye, what the hell is everybody doing in Dunfermline these days?

Either way, I found this place: Pitbauchlie House Hotel, Dunfermline | LateRooms. which looked pretty good. Laterooms'll show you some places and depending on how many folk you're going with it'll show you prices and that (plus, it's only about a half hour's walk from the venue).

Alternatively, (and this is what me and my friends are doing) is getting bus to Glasgow, bus to Dunfermline, seeing gig, getting 11:20pm night bus back to Glasgow, staying there and then getting bus back here. Mainly because getting to Dunfermline by train is a task and a half and we can stay in Glasgow for free. :O

Because Dunfermline is the new, old capital of Scotland. OBV.

The Pitbauchlie is a swish establishment, don't know how much they'd skin you for a room though. As for post-gig drinking, try Monty's on Guildhall Street. A friendly bunch.

Or why not try Legends on Halbeath Road... :up:

Does anyone know if there's a late night (say 11pm onwards) train/bus service to Dundee (or Aberdeen, preferably!) running? I've had a scan about but can't really find anything.

If I can't find a way of getting to Dundee/Aberdeen that night I'll have a ticket for sale...

Best bet is to maybe go to the train station and ask. The Scotrail website isn't very clear and as far as I can see there's only 1 train that goes to Dunfermline and that's from Edinburgh. But that can't be right.

Because Dunfermline is the new, old capital of Scotland. OBV.

The Pitbauchlie is a swish establishment, don't know how much they'd skin you for a room though. As for post-gig drinking, try Monty's on Guildhall Street. A friendly bunch.

Or why not try Legends on Halbeath Road... :up:

Are they pub or club type places?

Does anyone know if there's a late night (say 11pm onwards) train/bus service to Dundee (or Aberdeen, preferably!) running? I've had a scan about but can't really find anything.

If I can't find a way of getting to Dundee/Aberdeen that night I'll have a ticket for sale...

The trains Aberdeen to Dunfermline on Scotrail are fucking extortionate, and there doesn't seem to be much for Dunfermline Town past maybe 9pm? Last train from Glasgow's nae that late either, megabus back from Glasgow's around the same time too. Only thing I could think of would be getting a lift?

Pitlauchie, for a three-people room was about 70 last week, which isn't too bad.

Try looking at train times through Inverkeithing, and just get a taxi down there instead. Shouldn't cost you too much, but Dunfermline train station is pointless - You'll catch all the trains from Edinburgh to Aberdeen via Inverkeithing.

As for things to do in Dunfermline in the evening, you could try standing outside the local chip shop or throw some bricks through windows. At least, when I went to school there that's all anyone seemed to do at night. Lovely place.

EDIT - Actually, just checked with Trainline.com and the latest train to Aberdeen via Inverkeithing is 9:47pm. Useless, I guess.

It really was excellent.... bar the whole PA going BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM twice.

Nice wee venue too.

Although the weather was awful.

Yeah, seemed to be some sound issues with the support too (who were shockingly bad) but the atmosphere was one of the best I've ever experienced. Apart from whoever starting throwing shoes at Simon Neil...

Acoustic version of Folding Stars was beautiful

I love Sucioperro. :( I quite liked their set too; their new stuff's sounding pretty decent. I don't think anybody got my shout for Virginia though. :(

The only thing I didn't like about the gig was the three neds in front of us who were, quite blatantly, only there to be dickheads. However, they moved further into the middle during Biffy's set so all was well.

Fucking 27, though. YAS. :D