aberdeen-music

The New 10 Commandments BBC2-Scotland Sun 7 Dec 22.50-00.30. Peter Dow on TV!

Peter Dow

Hoi Le Stu! Why don't you leave ME to tell people what I believe and STOP trying to misrepresent my views?

Here are links to pages on my website wherein I give MY views on the universities -

Health, wealth and good services

I just don't see how this grand conspiracy against you prevents you from gaining any form of employment whatsoever. Not that I'm having a go at you for being on the sick or the dole 'cos I've been there myself but my basic point is that if you were independently wealthy you might get a bit of respect but being dependent on the political entity you claim you are vociferously campaigning against might just cause folks to think you're foolish and/or hypocritical.

I personally believe you're some form of unclassifiable performance artist and I don't see why you can't gain private wealth when the living statue can. It's a cruel world.

• 6 months later...

Referencing the other thread, did anyone actually watch this?

It's actually rather well done, though it clearly shows him to be what he is. But there is a subtle point made throughout - his right to protest *was* curtailed by putting him in a pen far away from the tourists and the people that he was protesting about. For that reason, anyone with an interest in the rights of the individual should consider watching it.

It's actually rather well done, though it clearly shows him to be what he is. But there is a subtle point made throughout - his right to protest *was* curtailed by putting him in a pen far away from the tourists and the people that he was protesting about. For that reason, anyone with an interest in the rights of the individual should consider watching it.

Don't encourage him.

Clyde, I'd normally agree with this but it's Peter Fucking Dow.

:down:

I thought it was a well done piece, not entirely unsympathetic to him.

However, I think it makes the case that frivolous demonstration should be policed. Clearly the guy is just there to disrupt the event to put across his views. Views that the tourists presumably would not want to hear if they turned up for the event.

The concept of liberty is that you can do whatever you want, as long as it doesn't negatively effect others, afterall.