aberdeen-music

The New 10 Commandments BBC2-Scotland Sun 7 Dec 22.50-00.30. Peter Dow on TV!

Peter Dow

BBC2 Scotland has scheduled a broadcast of "The New 10 Commandments" (The New Ten Commandments) a Scottish-produced human-rights documentary for Sunday 7th December 2008, 22.50 to 00.30 - starting then at 10.50pm after Match of the Day 2.

bbc2scheduleag0.jpg

BBC Two Programmes - Scotland Schedule for Sunday 7 December 2008

The New 10 Commandments

Filmmakers and artists look at Scotland through the prism of human rights.

BBC Programmes - The New 10 Commandments

07 Dec 2008' date=' 22:50 on BBC Two (Scotland only)

A uniquely Scottish documentary that brings together Oscar, Turner prize and Bafta winners to look at Scotland through the prism of human rights.

Marking the 60th anniversary of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, filmmakers and artists such as Tilda Swinton, Irvine Welsh and Douglas Gordon each tackle a 'new commandment'.

Exploring such issues as torture, slavery, or the freedoms of thought and assembly, the resulting film is a powerful, passionate and surprisingly humorous artistic collaboration that gives intimate meaning to human rights in Scotland.

[/quote']

The world premiere of The New Ten Commandments was this year at the Edinburgh International Film Festival.

212_main_image.jpg

Those standing up for human rights in Scotland appearing in the different chapters of the programme include -

• Peter Dow's republican protest against the Queen at Holyrood
  • Aamer Anwar, lawyer, defending a contempt of court charge
  • Jim Swire, campaigning on Lockerbie Pan Am flight 103 bombing
  • Anti-slavery-sex-trafficking, Suicides-concerned and Asylum-seekers campaigners

Also featuring

• Kenny Richey liberated from death-row. Scotland's 20 years he missed
  • Enhanced interrogation techniques - the sheep's perspective
  • A narrated comic about a man who liked to ride his bike in private
  • Thespian musings

Follow the count-down to the TV broadcast of The New Ten Commandments on Scottish Republican News.

Aberdeen's local hero goes national!

snsbicondi5.jpg

Whereas viewers in England and Northern Ireland will see Graham Norton Uncut and then Heroes, in Scotland those programmes are delayed by 100 minutes to make room for the New Ten Commandments featuring real-life Scottish heroes but with no special powers I am sorry to say.

The chapter I am in is the first 10 minutes of the programme so be sure to set your VCR/DVDR/DVR/PVR or whatever to record the programme from maybe 22.49 or something in case the timing is out.

You won't be able to come home from the pub at closing time (if that is 11pm?), switch the TV on and expect to see me on TV because by the time 11pm comes I will be gone from BBC2 Scotland - so don't miss me - Aberdeen's very own local hero - going national!

Worth watching! :popcorn:

Peter Dow's Scottish National Standard Bearer website

The For Freedom Forums for robust political debate

• Upvote 1

Excellent! I'm always up for laughing at nutters, especially on a scale of this magnitude.

Yes, will be a good laugh. I'm also a big Irvine Welsh fan and I reckon his take on Kenny Richie will be interesting, so thanks for the post, Peter.

However, you are still getting negative rep for referring to yourself as "Aberdeen's local hero". Everybody knows that's Sir Ian Wood. Or maybe Donald Trump.

Yes, will be a good laugh. I'm also a big Irvine Welsh fan and I reckon his take on Kenny Richie will be interesting, so thanks for the post, Peter.

However, you are still getting negative rep for referring to yourself as "Aberdeen's local hero". Everybody knows that's Sir Ian Wood. Or maybe Donald Trump.

Or the dude that was in The Empire Strikes Back, Indiana Jones and was Mr Bronson in Grange Hill.

Michael Sheard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

_44408269_bronson.jpg

YOU, BOY!!

normal_impofficer_068.jpg

You think you're a local hero for protesting against the Queen? He flew a fucking spaceship Peter. Lets get a little perspective, eh?

Thanks for your question

how come you claim to be a republican but carry a briefcase with the royal standard of the king of scots, the lion rampant on it?

Hi daveofficer, thanks for your question.

It is a lot quicker and easier for me if I just refer you to the appropriate page on my website wherein I explain the Scottish republican claim to the Lion Rampant flag and standard.

The functions and duties of a Scottish National Standard Bearer

Hi daveofficer, thanks for your question.

It is a lot quicker and easier for me if I just refer you to the appropriate page on my website wherein I explain the Scottish republican claim to the Lion Rampant flag and standard.

The functions and duties of a Scottish National Standard Bearer

you don't explain it at all. you just spout a load of half assed ideas that serve only as justification for your use of the standard. the lion rampant was created specifically for royalty not scotland itself. it's the standard for the king of scots and cannot be claimed as anything else.

you should really be flying the st andrews cross, and i think you know that to be true otherwise you wouldn't have even bothered with the strange and half assed justifaction on your website.

you do realise that your nonsense actually degrades the arguments for nationalism don't you?

incidentally peter, what are these leadership qualities you possess which give you the right to be 'scotlands national standard bearer'? how many men do you lead?

It's tomorrow, right?

Totally watching. Peter, I happen to think that you're brave but entirely strange to campaign for the Scottish Republic while being self-admittedly dependant on the British state. I feel that you encapsulate the essential dichotomy of the Scottish independence movement.

ie. We just want it both ways :up:

It's tomorrow, right?

Totally watching. Peter, I happen to think that you're brave but entirely strange to campaign for the Scottish Republic while being self-admittedly dependant on the British state. I feel that you encapsulate the essential dichotomy of the Scottish independence movement.

ie. We just want it both ways :up:

your last sentence indicates that your view of the world might be a little limited...

feel free to engage in pontification & argument, but time will invariably prove you wrong. people in scotland who favour independence want to handle their own nations fate and have no interests in hand outs. our nation punches well above its weight in many respects and is very well placed to thrive without another nation managing our interests and resources...

your last sentence indicates that your view of the world might be a little limited...

feel free to engage in pontification & argument, but time will invariably prove you wrong. people in scotland who favour independence want to handle their own nations fate and have no interests in hand outs. our nation punches well above its weight in many respects and is very well placed to thrive without another nation managing our interests and resources...

I actually favour independence myself but I still see far too much dependency, particularly in our most populace areas, for it to happen any time soon. However, I do agree with your basic point that we could, in theory, get by just fine without being part of the UK. It's true.