aberdeen-music

Baked Tatties

framheim

I love a baked potato and was wondering if any of you guys had any good topping ideas. Something a bit different from baked beans or tuna mayo(though these are undoubtably amazing). i like adding sweet chilli sauce to my baked beans before putting them on my tattie.

today i tried mature cheddar and reggae reggae sauce. it's a winner!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Can't beat creamy chicken tikka / coronation chicken with grated cheese - or possibly even better is chilli and cheese.

If you ever go to Glastonbury go find one of the baked tattie stalls - me and my mate had two the same day cos they were so amazing!!

For some reason chocolate jumped into my mind. Might actually try that with something li.................ke.... rice? Add a bit of chilli powder... pepper.

I'll report back with result.

hmm, not sure about that. maybe if you had a pepper sauce with some chocolate in it then it could work. not sure about adding rice to a baked potato either.

i look forward to the report though, if it sounds fine i may try it someday :)

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
How about Tuna and Banana.

I have had it in a sandwich and on a pizza.....would probably work on a tattie.

It sounds a bit weird but trust me, your taste buds will love you for the rest of your life.

Holy shit that sounds mingin...!!

OR...

Finely chop a small onion, open a can of tuna in oil and add some of the oil to a pan, when the oils hot add onion and gently fry, when almost cooked add half a can of chopped tomatoes and a little salt and pepper and cook for 10 mins, add tuna with remainder of oil and a little regae regae sauce if desired (its nice without it)...

A tip for cooking tatties... stab to death with fork and nuke for 5mins or more if its a monster, leave to cool for a while then rub cooking oil over whole surface, salt all over and place in pre-heated oven and cook till done about 20-30 mins stab with fork to test.

Hmmmm!!!

Just invented a new one which I had on toast for lunch, wife loved it, she's a tough critic.

Chop about four rashers of smoked bacon into small pieces and cook until crispy, drain on kitchen foil and leave to cool, chop some cooked chicken into small pieces and place in bowl, chop a couple of large tomatoes and place in bowl add a couple of desert spoons of mayo and some smoked paprika, mix well serve on toast or tattie and sprinkle with bacon....enjoy.