aberdeen-music

Xbox 360 Problem

Guest treader.

Guest treader.

So, I believe this is a common problem so I'm sort of hoping someone else has been affected and can advise what to do etc.

When I try to run a disc, I get the error message "To Play this disc, please insert it into an Xbox 360 Console" and it doesnt register the game as a game disc, just a dvd.

I looked online and the official XBOX 360 Technical Problems Wiki page said that since the new 'Experience' Dashboard update some people's consoles had had trouble reading optical media.

But, reading on Xbox forums and stuff online, they say it's more just a case that the disk drive is fucked and as far as I'm aware the disk drive is covered by the warranty...or is it!?

Please help meeeeeeee.

do you have a number!? just spoke to their dumb ass american one briefly, but it's a waste of time.

The American one is better than the Indian one, trust me.

Anyhoo, this was part of my RROD and I just phoned them and told them I had the red ring of death (3 lights), they picked it up and fixed it for free and sent me a re furb 2 weeks later.

So in summary. Lie, tell them you have the full red ring and it will be fixed for free.

Guest Bob Double Jack
The American one is better than the Indian one, trust me.

Anyhoo, this was part of my RROD and I just phoned them and told them I had the red ring of death (3 lights), they picked it up and fixed it for free and sent me a re furb 2 weeks later.

So in summary. Lie, tell them you have the full red ring and it will be fixed for free.

my brother did this as well, and it came back perfectly. they'll email you a cover sheet for DHL or another carrier, and they do it. I was pretty impressed with their service as well.

I work for a retailer who likes to break the 30 day warrantee (sp) microsoft provides, here are some top tipd that have saved me some serious time in the past-

1) Ask to be put through to the german/ american help centrers. these guys seem to have at least the slightest clue

2) If you get drama, just claim you are experiencing the red rings, you will get far less inane babble from the incompetent staff if you go this route, At least in my experience...