aberdeen-music

Where to get CD covers printed?

Lemonade

Hi,

My band have just recorded an EP and we want to get some copies (around 50) of it made with proper bonny boxes and artwork and stuff. We've got the covers designed and ready to go, I had planned to get it done at the Foyer but I spoke to them and they are not able to print a folding cover, they can only do 2-sided, whereas I would like the front cover to open out and have stuff in the middle as well.

Where can we get this done that will do a good, professional looking job? I'd prefer to have it done locally rather than send away, but if needs be I'll send it away. What we want is basically a full colour cover which folds out with more stuff on the inside, a back for the box (with spines) and a simple design printed on the disc. I could get The Foyer to print the discs, get a printers to do the covers, and buy the jewel cases myself but that just seems like a lot of fucking about. Is there anywhere that does all of this?

Any advice appreciated.

LR

Langstane press could do it, but they'd be bloody expensive at a guess. Or you could try Alan Beattie at the Ink shop in Rosemount, he does quite a lot of different stuff for me, he might not do exactly what your looking for but would be worth a shot.

Or finally, try Henry Gibsons on Novar place, they might be able to help you, or at least give better advise than me.

Langstane press could do it, but they'd be bloody expensive at a guess.

Emailed.

Or you could try Alan Beattie at the Ink shop in Rosemount, he does quite a lot of different stuff for me, he might not do exactly what your looking for but would be worth a shot.

Emailed.

Or finally, try Henry Gibsons on Novar place, they might be able to help you, or at least give better advise than me.

Emailed.

Also try Repro Overflow, although might be a wee bit pricey for a run of fifty.

Explain what you're about, get chatty and wangle a discount. It worked for the Wishes' Kites 7" insert.

Emailed.

:up:

I really wanted the Foyer to do it, it's cheap, it's a charity and the covers that Dave showed me they'd done are really good quality - plus they'll print and record the discs. In fact allow me to plug them cos they are doing good things there.

That is your CD in a jewel case, with a high quality printed front and back cover, with the disc recorded and printed for just 1.50 a disc! Bargain!

Foyerlive

However I also really want the foldy out cover, so it's a no-go unfortunately. Still looking for suggestions.

Dude let me know how you get on here =P Also.. where would I swing a cheeky wee copy?

I think the way we're doing it is getting Repro Overflow to do the sleeves (since they were the only ones who replied), 50 prints is 52 fot the front cover (4 sided) and back cover, which isn't bad. Foyer will duplicate and print the CDs for 1 each. Then we'll have to buy the boxes for a tenner or so - total of approx 110 for the 50 copies.

And I'll fire you a copy for free for saying nice things about us :)

• 2 months later...

We went to Repro Overflow up next to Captain Toms. They did us a good deal, and knocked even more off because I paid cash. They came out pretty well, the front covers look a little pixilated, but that could have been the file sizes as opposed to the printing quality, because the back ones and the insides are pretty much perfect. It cost us 40 to get 50 fold out front covers (4 'squares') and backs and disc labels, and we got the Foyer to copy the CDs, which cost us 40.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
We are having slim boxes with a front and back print sorta like the Fat Hippy or CD Single Boxes...

=)

30 buck for 50 front and back nae bad...

l_d0fd795ace52ea94ee3e4c2838d0df2b.gif

Where did you get that price??

minuteman express on kingstreet is no bad pricewise. you can get a3 for around 1 full colour, so for basic double foldable sheets, you'd get 50 for around 30 - 35... not sure about printing to CD tho

and for pixelationwise, the way the cover looks, I'd say its the quality of the image that made it pixelated rather than the printer itself, probably not set to 300dpi for printing or something along that lines