aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
pogofish

Pre-punk 70's band reformation. Any guesses?

an article with legendary concert promoter Rob Hallett and he says:

I do have another reformation up my sleeve that I can't talk about yet that is going to please a lot of people of a certain age.

If you were a teenage boy in the pre-punk '70s you're going to be very excited. The announcement of that isn't a million miles away. Outside of Led Zeppelin, this is probably the biggest reformation you can hope for.

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Bringing the stars to the stage

I've been racking my brains but can't think who on earth it could be or who would still have a high enough profile - any thoughts?

Cream already reformed, didn't they?

Free maybe?

Deep Purple (early 70s version)?

Sabbath?

whatever..it'll probably be depressing :down:

Who is going to get excited about a Free reunion?

Yup, Roxy Music would still be there. Don't know about Sabbath or Purple - both their prime lineups have been back together in recent years & The Faces seem to be more or less back before this report came out.

PG did one gig with Genesis back in the 80s & that didn't exactly set the world alight?

I had wondered about ABBA - They have never reformed AFAIK & the success of Mama Mia must be putting them in the spotlight again?

Did Yes ever split up?????

never,

they are really old and still at it i believe. All the originals bar Bill Bruford as far as i'm aware (my dad is a huge Yes fan - pretentious bastard)

The Band? That'd be fucking choice, despite the setlist they could play being lessened somewhat. Still, for every Stagefright there's an Up on Cripple Creek!

The Band? That'd be fucking choice, despite the setlist they could play being lessened somewhat. Still, for every Stagefright there's an Up on Cripple Creek!

Now that would be sweet.

*crosses fingers*

I had wondered about ABBA - They have never reformed AFAIK & the success of Mama Mia must be putting them in the spotlight again?

They apparently turned down a billion dollars between them to reform in 2000 - so it would seem pretty unlikely that they'd reform now.

Rod's almost been the sticking point and relations between the rest and him were not the best because of it. Nothing of benefit musically...sleeping dogs etc