aberdeen-music

Anyone Teach Slap Bass?

Circus Hands

I actually can't believe no-one has pointed out that, just like domestic violence, slap bass is completely unacceptable either in public or behind closed doors.

I remember trying to teach myself slap bass in about 1993.

I ended up with my wrist in one of those tubigrip things and had to endure loads of comments from classmates about injuring myself wanking. :down:

Sorry...First off, it's Flea. Secondly...have you actually listened to any music that could be regarded as 'funk' other than RHCP?

I guess you're too busy buying pointed leather shoes and a leather jacket and playing your telecaster at a jauntey angle to bother...you fucking stupid cunt.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to treader. again.

Guest idol_wild

I like how the mods are resisiting banning you intentionally. It makes you look like an even bigger chocolate, because it's clearly what you're gunning for.

Epic fail, my friend.

But it's entertaining me.

As you were...

To who ever wants to play slap bass (cause I'm totally lost as to who it is here) just pretend you're giving someone the middle finger, turn it upside and curl the tip of your finger under your D or G string. Then pretend your hand is rotating upon that finger, and when it does so let the outer side of your thumb "slap" the E or A string, and "pop" the D or G string with your curled up middle finger and BANG, you're playing slap bass! You might want to do some fretting with your other hand and throw in some muted "ghost" notes or whatever you call them for a more percussive fidgety effect in between actual fretted notes. Now wasn't that helpful, you don't even need lessons now!

I actually can't believe no-one has pointed out that, just like domestic violence, slap bass is completely unacceptable either in public or behind closed doors.

When I saw the title of this thread the first thing I thought was "I wonder how long before Jon appears raving about domestic violence". Quite right though. Slap bass is foolish.

• 3 weeks later...